Can you publish Smartsheet Dashboard without sharing underlying Google Sheet data source?

Options
brooked
brooked
edited 12/13/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I want to publicly publish a Smartsheet Dashboard as view only and import the data from a live Google Sheet so that it updates in real time. Before I do so, I want to confirm that if I publish this dashboard as view only that the public won't have access to the Google Sheet data source. They should only be able to view the interactive graphs, change filters, hover for more tooltip info etc.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/15/22
    Options

Hi @brooked

I hope you're well and safe!

As far as I know, that should work, but I'd recommend testing the different options in Google Sheets before sharing it. You can try it in private/incognito mode in a browser to ensure it works the way you need it to.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.