Safe sharing issue

Kelly Ospina
Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/16/22 in Smartsheet Basics

I just set-up our safe domain list under the safe sharing section in the admin center.

In the documentation, it says this:

"When Approved Domain Sharing is enabled, all workflows which only have recipients outside of the Approved Domain Sharing list will become disabled with an "Invalid Recipients" message. To ensure that workflows don't get disabled, make sure that all recipients of workflow automation are added to Approved Domain Sharing. Alternatively, ensure that there is at least one recipient in every workflow within the Approved Domain Sharing list."

However, it doesn't specify what it means when it says "ensure there is at least one recipient in every workflow within the approved domain sharing list."

We regularly use Smartsheet forms to collect event RSVPs, and then use an automated notification to send the registrant a confirmation. I added another step to the notification to cc myself, since my domain is on the list. But when I ran a test, the notification didn't send to the registrant.

Has anyone else set up a safe sharing list and figured out how to do this?

I'll put a screenshot of my notification workflow below.

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The reason it is not working is because it is two different actions. Think of each "Alert" as a separate Automation.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Paul,

That makes sense. How would you suggest I set-up the workflow, with in mind? "ensure that there is at least one recipient in every workflow within the Approved Domain Sharing list."

The people submitting the form may or may not be on the safe sharing list, so I'm not sure how to structure this?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you have it restricted to specific domains, there is no way to get an automation to send to a recipient outside of that domain. You could insert a Contact type column and have your email populate it then reference this column as a recipient alongside the email of the submitter, but all that will do is make it so that the Automation doesn't "break". It still will not send to the submitter.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Kelly Ospina
    Kelly Ospina ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you Paul. I will submit a feature request to suggest an option to enable workflows and notifications when safe sharing is turned on.