✨ 2022 Highlights ✨ - Add you favorite memories too!

Arsineh
Arsineh Employee Admin
edited 07/20/23 in Just for fun

The Smartsheet Community is like no other. Generous and supportive, you jump in to provide solutions when a peer faces a challenge as well as support and celebrate each others' wins whether at work or on the platform. You share your ideas and feedback to help us move our Community platform and Smartsheet product experience forward and we're incredibly thankful.

As 2022 comes to a close, we  want to take a minute to share some highlights from the year and invite you to share some of your own in the comments below!

Your stories

Welcoming new friends & Overachievers

Your feedback & Community redesign

• Early in the year we asked you to help us shape the future of the Community Platform and you deliver. Your survey feedback reflected what you were looking for more inspiration and creative ways to use Smartsheet, improved navigation, and more transparency in the product roadmap. With your feedback in mind, we introduced the NEW Community Platform. Your feedback and ideas continue to propel us forward. Thank you for always taking the time to share.

Your Creativity

• The year was filled with a variety of giveaways and contests and you brought your creativity - especially when it came to the Template Contest, Engage Sticker Design Contest and Scavenger Hunt. I encourage you to check these stand out solutions, as well as these sticker designs shared by your peers that truly capture what makes the Smartsheet community unique. 

ENGAGE

• Getting to meet some of you in person at our Community booth was undoubtedly my highlight of the year. It was incredible being surrounded by thousands of Can-Doers sharing their experiences and ready to learn from one another. Here are a few of my favorite photos from our Community booth. 

There are so many great friendships and memories made throughout the year that we weren't able to squeeze into one post but hope you'll highlight your favorites in the comments below. Drop a photo, link or a few words. Can't wait to see what you'll share.

Comments

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/27/22

Thanks for the tag @Arsineh! I'm happy to share.

My kids always top my list. But professionally speaking, my biggest highlights of the year have been based around smartsheet.

I went live in January with my first project management portfolio, and it's been a huge success. Users were uncertain going in of what this new platform would mean for them. There was both fear and apprehension. That is no longer the case. Now the users are confident, they know what is expected of them and what they can expect, and they have grown to love their new platform.

I received a promotion within my company, and that was mostly because of my work and success with smartsheet.

I attended the ENGAGE 2022 Conference. What a blast! I had so much fun learning new things and meeting new people with similar roles, responsibilities and experience.

I became smartsheet Core Product and Project Management Certified. I haven't had the challenge of a new certification for several years, and this was challenging and exciting. While I'm not managing projects from my templates or elsewhere, having the certification in Project Management has helped me better understand the needs of the users I support and design/create solutions for.

I've had a lot of fun within the smartsheet community; seeking answers, providing answers, getting to know others, and earning badges and points. Engaging in the community is something that has become somewhat of a past time. I find myself checking the site during my off hours/days. Both out of curiosity and eagerness to see suggestions through; hoping to help as many people as I can.

My scope of work has increased tremendously, and continues to grow. I look forward to what the new year brings in terms of opportunities, challenges, and success (as well as the failures, I guess, because without them the success wouldn't be so sweet).

Thank you smartsheet, and the smartsheet Community, for a great year! Let's see how far we can go in 2023!

• Arsineh
    Arsineh Employee Admin

Loved reading this @Ray Lindstrom thanks for sharing it. We're fortunate to have you in the Community. Congrats on accomplishing so much in the year especially on your promotion and Core Product and Project Management certification. Can't wait to see what you achieve in the new year. Cheers!

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Arsineh! I really had a blast! I finished my last class and won my defense! I AM A DOCTOR NOW! I have received my doctor of Healthcare Administration from Virginia University! I'm thrilled to be done with it.

I spent my holiday sleeping, resting, and being thankful I don't have school anymore. I took a 5 classes a semester! I found out my sister is getting married, so I'm planning on going down to to visit her by surprise at her wedding. I'm her favorite sibling. But, she's doing a small wedding. Our parents are basically sneaking me to Mexico as a surprise as she's doing a destination wedding. This will be in April.

I wrote up an article on my LinkedIn on my journey!

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/i-am-now-dr-st-nicholas-burrus-burrus-mba-maol-pmp-gara/?trackingId=xPF3u1wgSzWXY230DI2GvA%3D%3D

I hope everyone has had a great holiday!

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Alison Clancy
    Alison Clancy Employee Admin

@Nick Burrus This is amazing! Congratulations on EVERYTHING, Doc. 😀 You're crushing it!

• Arsineh
    Arsineh Employee Admin

Congrats @Nick Burrus! This is wonderful news. A lot to celebrate between your accomplishment and your sister's upcoming wedding 🎉

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran ✭✭✭✭

I am so excited to have my picture featured! I had a blast at Engage 2022!

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you! I'm over here being an idiot and I applied for a third Master's program. I don't know why I do this to myself, especially now I have a doctorate.

For sure! I'm going to enjoy it. It'd be my first actual vacation since I started school, so I wanna celebrate a bit of me as well. My travel agent was able to get me on board credit at the cruise ship, I already spent it to get spa access so I can just become a sunbathing seal pretty much.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.