Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

How do I reset a webforms entry count?

Options
Stu Benoff
Stu Benoff ✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I built a new webform and during testing I generated a few test rows into the underlying spreadsheet.  I am able to delete these test rows but how do I reset the entry count that appears when the form is opened from the sheet.  Setting it back to zero would be ok. 

Thanks for any guidance that you can provide.

Tags:

Comments

• Benjamin Walker
    Options

Try the clone option!

Clone.PNG

• Tamara Gordon Berlik
    Options

I am having the same issue however my auto generated numbers are across multiple sheets that I used the same template on.  I can delete the lines that I used as testing but the numbers will not reset back to zero.  I have reset the column that Auto numbers with an additional digit to the number but is still pulls the number that is next in sequence from the original Sheet I created the template off of.  I have tried the suggestion of cloning the web form however the smart number will not reset.

• I would suggest an email to support@smartsheet.com..

• Stu Benoff
    Stu Benoff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi,

The clone function works but only feasible at certain points in time since a new URL is generated. I found that there are times that I want to reset the count because of a survey version change but not want to confuse the users by distributing a new URL.  I suppose I could do this by hidding a field on the form with the version number and updating it as the form changes.  It still doesn't address the count issue on the form but probably a viable workaround.

Thank you all.

Stu 

• Wendy Ulatowski
    Options

Has a solution been found to this issue?

This discussion has been closed.