Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Increase sheet row and column limits

Options
13»

Comments

• WyattMartinDale
    Options

Totally agree with Adams comments ! Users deserve answers here and if Smartsheet is planning to be an enterprise level solutions we need the scale that comes with that. Smartsheet PLEASE RESPOND !!

• Amanda Winter
    Options

Hello All,

My account Exec just sent us this:

Sheet Scale

We are working on a few scale related items this year, including increasing the row limit from 20,000 to 100,000+ rows. We haven't been given a specific timeline, but have been told that the goal is by the end of our fiscal year (Jan 2025) should nothing unforseen come up.

So hopefully this timeline finds no issues!

Amanda Winter (Noe)

CTMS Database Administrator

Sutter Health Office of Clinical Research

• hazkevi
    Options

January 2025 is an absolute joke. Per my account rep in February '24: "rolling out in phases starting toward end of middle of year". FYI my company uses Smartsheet heavily with thousands of licensed users + premium apps, and that's the best support we can get.

• Adrian Mandile CHESS
    Adrian Mandile CHESS ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Genevieve P. , @Bob Fraser,

Any latest timing on this? The announcement was made with huge fanfare at ENGAGE last September and demonstrated by Product Dev team last November. It's now May, and we haven't had ANY further updates about the size improvements. Just some official idea of when would be fine, so that we can plan to hold out with the current limits, plan for re-architecting (or moving to other) solutions, and at least communicate to our end users.

I would even like to see more than 5 million cells (ambitious, I know!), because with 100 columns that's still only 50,000 rows – not a huge number of records for an enterprise, compared to other database solutions.

Will there be a related increase in Data Table size from 2 million records/rows? Or will they begin to resemble each other size-wise – just without the formulas, formatting, etc.?

• WyattMartinDale
    Options

Jan 2025 is honestly not reasonable. I am now working on moving projects out of Smartsheet and back to excel because we cannot get definite answers on when this will be implemented.

If any enhancements needs to be move to the forefront it is this one.

Smartsheet cannot be considered an enterprise level software without this kind of scale.

• Michael Foster
    Michael Foster ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We are having the same issues with trying to take Smartsheet to enterprise level and displaying true capabilities. 20k doesn't cut it and it becomes hard to argue the point on why smartsheet vs other systems and dare I say MS Project for Operations. Smartsheet please give us the time frame and make it soon, data sets are big and we can't manage across multiple worksheets or shouldn't have to.

• WyattMartinDale
    Options

Smartsheet where are you at ?!

I will be spending several hours this weekend finding a fix to archive data between sheets and have functional dashboard showing data between sheets. This is CRAZY ! We need scale, we deserve scale ! Please look to move this enhancement request to the front of the line. Nice dashboards and cleaner looks are great but if we cant have the scale to support our data sets those things don't really matter.

We need support of this ! We are all sitting here on the edge of our seats waiting for this !

• Olli Matikainen
    Olli Matikainen ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, this is urgent… really looking forward to this increase in scale!

We also have several applications where we need to parse sheets and archive (move rows)… the mentioned increase in scale would avoid need for this extra work.

• kcollins
    kcollins ✭✭✭
    Options

Also looking to hear a more specific timeline here.

• avicamhi
    avicamhi ✭✭
    edited 06/04/24
    Options

We urgently need this limit increase. No one asked for those basic AI features that are being rolled out to help users write a SUM() formula. We need scale! Make this a priority please.

• WyattMartinDale
    Options

@Genevieve P.  @Bob Fraser, any updates on timing of this increase in scale ? This is crippling large organizations from using smartsheet as an enterprise level tool.

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/07/24
    Options

Maybe its time for someone to find out who Genevieve and Bob reports too in their Dept's and reach out to their supervisors or executives to get the answers that are constantly ignored. Im not the type of person who allows urgent requests/issues to be constantly ignored. Most of the time, their bosses are unaware of their disregard to following up or responding to service requests, so maybe its time we start redirecting our concerns to a higher power (one who cares about the $$ lost from those who are willing to leave because of this).

Just a suggestion for those who are sick and tired of waiting

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

My last conversation with a developer was because of the fast rollout of AI in the tech world, there was a need to do a quick pivot and put resources into that while continuing to build this enhancement. This is still being developed but not at the pace we originally were promised.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP