Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Increase sheet row and column limits

Options

Comments

• GwenM
    GwenM ✭✭✭
    Options

Definitely looking forward to the increases announced & coming in 2024. There are some key use cases that we have that will benefit from this. Any update on timing Smartsheet team?

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Riaan Kotze (or anyone from Smartsheet) Can we please have an update on this?

• kcollins
    kcollins ✭✭✭
    Options

@Bob Fraser is there any update on timeline for this?

• danabryant
    Options

I have a business use case right now that would involve the need for 100k+ rows. Has there been any updates on the timeline for expansion?

• Riaan Kotze
    Riaan Kotze ✭✭✭
    Options

@Bob Fraser , Good day,

Please do give feedback on this matter. You have given an outline of your plan March 2023. Is there any progress in this update?

• Sherry Fox
    Sherry Fox ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With my projects 20K does not take long to reach, and we don't tend to Achieve rows of a project, as we want our dashboards to include the historical data too.

Sherry Fox

Business System Data Analyst

Del-Air Heating, Air Conditioning, Plumbing and Electrical

EAP | Mobilizer | Automagician | Superstar | Community Champion

https://www.linkedin.com/in/sherryfox/

• Peter Tyrrell
    Options

My firm is in exactly the same boat. We've had to port some of our stuff BACK to Office 365. I do wish Smartsheets would at LEAST give us a time line so we can make more informed decisions. 500,000 cells and 20K rows has become problematic.

• BFoster
    Options

I'm trying to move my department into smartsheet and we've hit the 400 column limit already without having even moved in fully. This has slowed down our onboarding. Whenever the column increase hits, we're so ready for it.

• Kyla
    Kyla ✭✭
    Options

Are there any new updates around timing and details for this enhancement? When I heard about this at ENGAGE I just about cried from happiness! This would be a huge help to my Smartsheet build. My team has metrics around Cash spend that need to be captured from current and prior years data, so there is no natural year-end archiving process that can happen to free up space. I considered at one point potentially utilizing sheet summary in the metrics sheet to store historical cash $values and re-writing formulas to pull from those cells in addition to pulling from the active data. Which would be a huge pain, potentially leading to errors, and doesn't allow for an easy way to dig into the specifics of the historical data. So this would be a total game changer!!

• Pat Pontz
    Options

Is there a specific implementation timeline for this increase in rows/cells? I would welcome this information as I have two projects impacted by the current limits. Many thanks!!

• WyattMartinDale
    Options

Hello all,

has anyone from Smartsheet provided an update on this ? I too heard about the increase limitations during ENGAGE and nearly cried from excitement. We have built a complex and very useful business tool through Smartsheet and are about to hit the limitations of the number of columns/cell/row combination. I will have to look for alternate solutions however if I had an idea of how far away these enhancements are that would definitely assist with building a solution timeline for my staff.

is someone from Smartsheet able to provide a date/month these enhancements would be available in 2024 ?

• Nicole J
    Nicole J ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Also sitting on the edge of my seat (and sanity) awaiting increased cells/rows/columns to sheets. Smartsheet, any updates to this timing?

• hazkevi
    Options

+1 here, I've been waterfalling data to "archive" sheets and crating tons of repetitive cross sheet references for dashboarding ability due to size limitations, but will soon reach the maximum character count for formulas. My Smartsheet account manager says this feature will be rolled out by "end of '24" which is not helpful at all. Currently we are exploring moving any another platform that can support our scale, sigh.

• Adam Murphy
    Adam Murphy ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The complete lack of response is very discouraging. I even had the Sales Rep reach out to me after my post in this thread to make sure I knew about release notes...which do not help at all in this case since NOTHING is being released, and would not respond further. Since the engage conference it's been nothing but crickets and only relatively meaningless enhancements being released. At this point even an acknowledgement that it is actually being worked on would be a vast improvement to the deafening silence here.