Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Increase sheet row and column limits

Options
Riaan Kotze
Riaan Kotze âś­âś­âś­

Hi Guys,

What is the possibility to increase the row (20 000) and column capacity? I'm working for a company that headcount surpasses the 20 000 mark which makes it extremely difficult to utilize smartsheets, which we really want to do. This would truly make a huge difference in building a database etc.

87 votes

On Roadmap · Last Updated

You may have seen in the Engage 2023 keynote that we announced work in this area! Please continue to add your thoughts and scenarios to this thread - although we don’t have a specific timeline yet, we’ll plan to update you here when we have more information.

Comments

• AndrĂ©e StarĂĄ
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/01/23
    Options

Hi @Patricia Pereira

I hope you're well and safe!

Have you explored using the Premium App, Data Shuttle / Data Table?

Is that an option?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

âś…Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Thanks Bob. I was not able to make it to ENGAGE this year (first one missed), so this sounds great and I look forward to seeing more information. Question, would this include an increase in cell linking (currently at 100K)? But of course, if the size of the sheet increases and the response time is not negatively impacted, then perhaps I would not need to break up my data into multiple sheets and link it back together. 🤓

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers
    Options

My thoughts on this enhancement? My whole Billing and Credit Department would host a huge celebration in your honor! :) Maybe even with a parade on Broadway in Nashville.....we know a few people. heehee

In all seriousness, this would be the biggest pain reliever for many of my projects! Please release sooner than later.

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Bob Fraser
    Bob Fraser Employee
    Options

Yes! Cell links are going to increase to match the cells on the sheet - 5m cells, 5m cell links.

I should also point out today that the limit is actually 500k, not 100k - we boosted it again a few months ago!

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/comment/383906

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case âś­âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I am still seeing this error message. It would be nice if we, as the user, could see/monitor the number of cross-sheet references, prior to reaching the limit and getting the error.

• christopher1125
    christopher1125 âś­âś­
    Options

Those limits would be amazing and would work. Do we have a timeline of implementation in 2024?

• Andy Lorance
    Andy Lorance âś­âś­âś­âś­
    Options

Hi, Bob -

The proposed increases sound fantastic. I presume Smartsheet is increasing processing power to accommodate on the back-end? We have experienced issues with larger sheets when workflow automation, associated reports from the sheet and premium app (DataShuttle as source, DataMesh, DynamicView and WorkApp) are all involved. I can echo the pain it sounds like others on this thread express with our current state (large data source divided into multiple DataShuttles/target sheets to be then brought back together in a report). I am really looking forward to EAP access so we can take this for a spin...

• Amanda Winter
    Amanda Winter âś­âś­âś­
    Options

I would like to see a bigger copy/paste option. I have data I pull from our CTMS and I need to build on what is already loaded (patient enrollment, etc.) but it is frustrating to only add 500 rows at a time. I would like the ability to copy the entire report in one pass, or better yet, have an interface with the other platform to pull the data in when it occurs!

This row, column expansion is going to make a huge difference for our team! I look forward to it launching!

Amanda Winter (Noe)

CTMS Database Administrator

Amanda Winter (Noe)

CTMS Database Administrator

Sutter Health Office of Clinical Research