Calendar App with Date Range Issues

Options

Hey everyone. The Smartsheet Community has been so helpful through the process of building a solution to manage our workforce and the hours on our jobs. We are looking to expand our functionality to include a calendar view, but fear all the work we've done will need to be undone in order to create a usable calendar view for our PM and Technicians to view their projects in a helpful calendar fashion as opposed to the data driven I-Chart we developed. The key obstacle is that the columns, even though they have date headings are NOT Date columns they are Text/Number columns, so, to reference the attached picture, the calendar view and/or resource management doesn't have a date to reference that 10 hours are being worked by Daniel, Ali, and Osmond on 4/2/24 for Job# CR144766 at the Fuquay-Varina Middle School. Anything that folks can offer to point me in the right direction to help our PMs would be huge. Thank you all so much!

Answers

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Justin! Do you have any advanced applications or are you working with just Core Smartsheet?

Looking at what you have here, I would love to get on a call to discuss your needs and pain points. 2 of the tags you referenced are other applications (Calendar App and Resource Management). Depending on what you're trying to do I might suggest a different structure or some helper columns.

Let me know how I can help!

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @justin.edge

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, one way is to develop another structure, but we could also use a so-called helper sheet and connect the data to show it in a calendar view.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.