move workflow stopped because of system column

Options

Hello I have 2 sheets a master sheet and a sheet that is populated from a form. the first few columns on the master sheet are filled in via form, that data is then used for estimation which is filled into the second form. the data from the first form is added to the data from the second form on the second sheet using formulas. I then want to move that row back to the original sheet but am unable due to the fact I have a column called "indexkey" which uses auto numbering. I was able to move a bunch of rows when I first set it up but now I cant remember how I did it in the first place

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@ross chambers you can move rows directly from the selected row or you can use using automation workflow. Go to your automation and select the condition based on your preference to move the rows to the second sheet.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Ipshita Mukherjee

• ross chambers
    ross chambers ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks @Ipshita when I try to move or copy the rows I get an error which disables the workflow

how can I move rows back and forth between the sheets keeping all the columns the same

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @ross chambers

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Ipshita's excellent advice/answer.

Explanation and solution for the error.

• Error: These Rows Cannot Be Moved. If your source sheet includes system columns, and the destination sheet contains columns of the same name that aren't system columns (or vice versa), you may receive the following error message:
    • These rows cannot be moved because this sheet contains a System column with the same name) ... as a column in the target sheet that is not a System column.
    • To resolve this, you can rename the column or change its type to match the source sheet. For more information about system columns, read the System Columns article.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.