Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

New Alert: Attachment view/download

Options

I see that the activity log indicates an attachment was downloaded whenever it is viewed or actually downloaded. It would be useful to be able to set an automation alert that triggered whenever an attachment is viewed/downloaded.

This would help address some security concerns with tracking who has downloaded what.

Perhaps some criteria could included internal or external user or maybe from an published item versus the native item?

2 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Jacob Minnich
    Jacob Minnich ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I have a sheet that generates attachments automatically, and I only need to download those attachments once and then I move the row to another sheet. I know that Smartsheet records when an attachment is downloaded, because my sheet updates (although I can't see the information that is recorded anywhere on the sheet - maybe in activity log, which I can't reference within the sheet).

It would be helpful to use this download event as an automation trigger. It's a logical next step since we already have automations that allow the auto-generation of documents.

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

With Brandfolder you can see all of this, I would really like to see tighter integration between the 2 platforms. If attachments were connected to Brandfolder by default then we could get all the insights we want :).

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."