Managing Outbound Cell Links: Entire Sheet

I have a sheet with outbound cell links to several other sheets. I've deleted some of those sheets, so now I see outbound links titled: <unknown sheet>

When I open the Sheet Reference Manager it does not show any cell links. In the cell linking help articles I did not find any statement that the Sheet Reference Manager will only show inbound links. Is this the case?

I would like to delete all the "broken" outbound links to deleted sheets, without doing so cell-by-cell. Is there a way to do this?

Tags:

Answers

• KimCole
    KimCole ✭✭

This is a screenshot of this issue.

• Hi @KimCole

When you delete a sheet that has inbound cell-links, the source sheet outbound cell indicators should be automatically removed.

If you're seeing "unknown", my guess is that someone else is cell-linking from your source sheet to an item that you don't have access to. In this case, you'll need to remove the links cell-by-cell, see: Edit or remove links

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• KimCole
    KimCole ✭✭

Thank you @Genevieve P.

It appears that if a sheet is deleted, the outbound links to that sheet may still be visible in the cells, as indicated by the message as shown in the image below: "...or it may have been deleted."

A feature request then, would be to enable management of outbound links at the sheet-level, instead of just the cell-level.