Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Synchronise Team Member Availability between Resource Management and Smartsheet

I have team members with part time availability, as specified in their Resource Management profile. Smartsheet allows me to schedule tasks for the days they are not working - the sync to Resource Management then displays "100% allocated for 0 Days" - the 0 days is due to this being a non-workday for that team member.

Furthermore, syncing non-working days for individual team members should be extended to the Public Holidays - I need to specify these in Resource Management (Official Holidays) and in the Smartsheet Project Settings (Non-Working Days). I do not see the point in needing to specify non-working days in two locations.

3 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Upvoted. Along with Smartsheet technical support, we have also uncovered a related non-working day sync issue.

When an Official Holiday is added to Resource Management, and that same day is not duplicated in Smartsheet, the project from Smartsheet will sync to Resource Management however scheduled hours on the days that overlap with an Official Holiday will be missed completely in Resource Management. For example, if there is a 6 hour task scheduled over Monday and Tuesday and Monday is listed as an "Official Holiday" in Resource Management, the "scheduled hours" for that team member will be 3. The 3 hours scheduled in Smartsheet are not redistributed to the the only working day between that Monday and Tuesday, they are just removed. This has resulted in inaccurate "scheduled hours" reports and resourcing issues.

The workaround we have decided to implement for the time being is to not use the Resource Management Official Holidays feature, and to instead account for holidays in a Project built in Resource Management that duplicates all "non-working days" added to Resource Management.