Form Date Format

I have a form for a calendar. When a user selects a date on the form by clicking on the calendar, the date format shows up as "day - month - year" numerically July 4th, 2023 is 04/07/2023. On the sheet column it is formatted as 04-Jul-2023. My personal settings are the U.S. English. How can the format in the form show up as either what is in the sheet 04-Jul-2023 or standard U.S. Date format of 07/04/2023?

Tags:

Answers

• Ipshita
    Ipshita ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @cclements

In the case of Forms, a date field will always take up the default value of your computer's default date settings. For example, my computer is set to US date format of MM/DD/YYYY so it doesn't matter how anyone enters date in the forms,iIt will automatically get reflected in the same format as per my computer settings. See example below -

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ipshita

Ipshita Mukherjee

• Sbott
    Sbott ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ipshita I was reading this thread and thought I would post my question here. I have a form that the format is defaulting to my computer format (MM/DD/YYYY). However, on the sheet column I need the format to be the same as in the form (MM/DD/YYYY). I have altered my regional preferences to no avail. And that format is not an option in the format selector (top right).

Do you know how the form and the data in the column can both be set to MM/DD/YYYY format? I am at my wits end to find a solution as this needs to be rolled out by the end of the week.

Thanks

Shauna

• Thanks for commenting Shauna! I agree that the regional preferences or computer settings have not been a solution to this issue. My Default is MM/DD/YYYY and in the form - the date once selected still shows up as DD/MM/YYYY.