Introduce yourself & get to know your peers!

Comments

• Hello, Hi, how are you? I am Lauren, and I am based in Worcester, South Africa.

I am a Systems project manager in Herotel, one of the leading Fibre Network Operators in South Africa. I use Smartsheet daily to manage systems projects and to update stakeholders on activity. I am also part of our Smartsheet SysAdmins, that is responsible for the setup and onboarding of new team members. I enjoy getting to know the platform functionality and how you can best apply it to any use whether it is sales, networks or even reception.

Interesting facts about me hmmm let me see, I am a mom of two and therefore deem myself a qualified chaos coordinator also known as ninja/rockstar ;) and I am obsessed with sunflowers.

I look forward to engaging with all of you and learning a whole lot more from all of you.

• Howdy, community. My name is Candace Williams, and I have been an avid Smartsheet user since 2020. I have nothing but good things to say about my journey starting with a license being tossed my way, to today where I am the SME and primary developer. I often turned to the community for answers to my questions and am excited to now be a part of that!

When not sitting at my computer, you can find me outdoors. My garden expands every year, my flock of chickens and waterfowl seem to always increase, and my doggo loves to explore the woods with me. I am from a rural area in Iowa, and reside with my husband and children. My oldest is about to leave for college so I'm enjoying every moment I have while the house is full.

Candace Williams🌺

• Hi! I'm new to SmartSheets and looking forward to implementing in my projects.

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

Welcome, welcome, I'm happy to greet so many new members!

@Michelle Rogers, @carina, @Candace Williams glad to know that the Community has helped you with your questions, it's great to have you here! 😊

@DioG, @Jodi_Gee your dogs are so cute. We love pet pictures here 🐶 (we even have a post for them!)

@Brandon Sills We have a Product Feedback & Ideas topic where you can share your enhancement requests and vote for ideas you want to support. 😁

@LaurenMajavie love that you're a "qualified chaos coordinator/ninja/rockstar" 😎 Sunflowers are my favorite flower too!

@ehilliard, @ihsanreis wishing you a great learning journey, the Smartsheet Community is here for you for any questions you have. 😄

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hey! I'm Stacey, from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada. The company I work with, Grey Cardinal Management Inc, purchased Smartsheet about a year before I was hired, and unfortunately, or fortunately for me, no one was able to commit the time to build everything and implement everything to use it as much as was intended. So, when I was hired it became my #1 responsibility. Move ahead 2.5 years later and all of our projects are using Smartsheet, from budgeting, scheduling, custom reporting for clients, and most recently introducing WorkApps. Smartsheet has become the primary program for all our staff and we all work in it daily.

When not working I am very involved with Special Olympics as a Head Coach, and on the Committee. My company has graciously allowed me to create a Smartsheet workspace that I can use for Special Olympics!!

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭

Hi everyone!

I'm a fun-loving and energetic individual with a passion for people. I love seeing people's faces light up when I give them a gift (in any way or form - sometimes a good Smartsheet solution is a gift too). I enjoy reading typical feel-good novels and writing motivational stories that inspires people to be better. While at work, my creative brain thrives when I can create visually appealing dashboards (and sheets) that are both functional and beautiful. I am a sucker for good music, coffee and chocolate and I consider my most loyal friends those who are willing to share these things with me.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• I'm Iley and I'm proud to be part of the Smithsonian Institution's Facilities team. My primary focus revolves around procurement and finances, where I strive to optimize processes and drive efficiency.

Smartsheet has been my go-to tool for transforming the way we work. From procurement tracking to financial reporting, I've witnessed firsthand the power of Smartsheet in streamlining workflows and enhancing productivity.

While my primary focus lies in procurement and finances, I've also extended my expertise to other areas within the Smithsonian Facilities team. I've helped create series of sheets, reports and dashboards for safety compliance and awards submissions, as well as utilized Smartsheet for personnel tracking, ensuring smooth operations across various facets of our organization.

I'm here to learn, share, and collaborate! Whether you're looking for advice on financial reporting, insights on procurement processes, or simply want to exchange ideas, feel free to reach out.

• Greetings SmartSheet Community,

I am new to the community, and look forward to learning from you all (and possibly helping if the opportunity arises).

I am camera shy, so I'll just add a photo of Prince Herbert nuzzling me on a Saturday afternoon. Shout out to my Monty Python fans!

Thank you and Regards,

Darren

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

Hi new members 👋

@Stacey H It's awesome that you're involved with the Special Olympics, and that your company is supporting that work!

@MarceHolzhauzen "Sometimes a good Smartsheet solution is a gift too" Definitely agree with this! 😁 Any feel-good novel recommendations?

@Iley Lorne You're in the right place to learn, share, and collaborate! Hope you'll enjoy the Community a lot.

@DarrenCSDGE omg Prince Herbert, perfect name 😆 I've only watched a couple of Monty Python films, but I enjoyed them greatly!

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭

@Rebeca S. Currently reading Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks and Atomic Habits by James Clear. The latter proving to be a lot harder to complete than anticipated… I guess taking it all in takes time.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭

@Iley Lorne I have been watching way too many movies/series because when I read Smithsonian my immediate thought was "does she know Dr Bones?" hahaha

Your job is really interesting though and I am looking forward to reading your user stories in future.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee

I read Atomic Habits, and had a similar experience with it. It really took a while, but I found many of the ideas helpful! I'll check out Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks. 😊

• JIDEATTURRA
    JIDEATTURRA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/12/24

Hey!

I am Jamie, an avid lover of Golf and Fitness who has recently moved to Australia! In my new abode, I am working as a Smartsheet Consultant to deliver solutions for clients, primarily focused on PMO management but also automation etc. I am loving the impact I am having on their lives, fundamentally changing the way they work - fully utilising the automation side!

I love reading and would love to know your favorite books / authors (Malcolm Gladwell is mine!).. and love being outside in nature - and what a place Aus is for that - look at this morning from the Beach, this is WINTER?!

Jamie

• iLoveData
    iLoveData ✭✭✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I'm Michael and I started my most recent position as an Alternative Delivery analyst at Ames Construction. I've grown up around the company and am very excited to have been able to join the team. We use SmartSheet to actively collaborate on pursuits, internal task forces, deliverables lists, and hopefully some additional capabilities with data shuttle and PowerBi on the horizon.

Outside of work I love to hike, snowboard, hit the gym, tinker with my computer and play videogames. I'm also a dog dad and he is my world. His name is Tucker and he is everything (pictured below)

Michael - Alternative Delivery Analyst

Ames Construction

• Zachary Ziegler
    Zachary Ziegler ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello! My name is Zack, and I am a somewhat new project manager. I love playing pickleball, and participating in several e-sports. I am trying to get back into lifting weights, and I prioritize spending a lot of time with my family. I'm hoping to learn a lot about Smartsheet through the community and I might get annoying because I ask a lot of questions when I'm not sure about things so I apologize in advance for posting a lot if that's where this is going haha. If you have the opportunity to reach out, I am always open to networking so don't be shy because I'm certainly not.