Has Smartsheet improved the Workapps notification functionality?

Options
Marc Shecter
Marc Shecter ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/10/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

While looking at a Smartsheet Workapp today, I noticed the text highlighted below.

It says: "Automation: You can create automated workflows in Smartsheet to alert people in your app. Learn more"

I was excited to see this because I don't use the Workapp tool since it lacks a way to A) notify users of notifications within the app, and B) bring users back to the Workapp when they click a link in a notification they receive via email or Slack.

I interpreted that text to mean that Smartsheet now has a way to do my A and B. But I think I misinterpreted it. The Learn More webpage just provides an overview of Automations.

Am I missing something about notifications within Workapps?

Thanks,

Marc

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Marc Shecter

The prompt here is to help Workapp Builders use automations in the underlying Smartsheet sheet to send out notifications. There currently isn't a way to build an automation directly in the Workapp, as you noted. I see you created an Idea Post around this, thank you!

For your B), you could add the URL to the Workapp in the body text of the notification if that helps.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Marc Shecter

The prompt here is to help Workapp Builders use automations in the underlying Smartsheet sheet to send out notifications. There currently isn't a way to build an automation directly in the Workapp, as you noted. I see you created an Idea Post around this, thank you!

For your B), you could add the URL to the Workapp in the body text of the notification if that helps.

Cheers,

Genevieve