How to receive emails in a workflow?

In my workflow I am able to get an email from my first condition (see "Condition 3"), in the second one or any after that, SmartSheets will not email me even though that is the action requested to do (see "Condition 2"). I am not sure what I am missing. If anyone can help me or need me to expand on my problem let me know, thanks!

Best Answer

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @ryanand1,

Are these all part of the same automation workflow? If so, these work like a condition tree - if the first condition set is met, it will complete that automation and stop there. If it is not met, it will move on to the next condition set and see if that one is met, and so on.

If you are wanting more than one email notification to be sent, you need to build a separate workflow for the different email notifications. For example, if your first condition should be sent regardless of the remaining condition sets, it should probably be a separate automation workflow.

Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need additional context!

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ryanand1

What is the order of the workflow?

Are you sure all the conditions are met?

Itai Perez

Reporting and Project Manager

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez/

• Monique Odom-Stearn
    Monique Odom-Stearn ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello @ryanand1,

Are these all part of the same automation workflow? If so, these work like a condition tree - if the first condition set is met, it will complete that automation and stop there. If it is not met, it will move on to the next condition set and see if that one is met, and so on.

If you are wanting more than one email notification to be sent, you need to build a separate workflow for the different email notifications. For example, if your first condition should be sent regardless of the remaining condition sets, it should probably be a separate automation workflow.

Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need additional context!

If my comment helped you, please help others by marking it as an accepted answer and consider helping me by clicking the 💡Insightful or ❤️Awesome buttons below!

Monique Odom-Stearn

Business Process Excellence Manager

Smartsheet Leader & Community Champion

Pronouns: She/Her (What’s this?)

“Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!” – Ms. Frizzle

• @Itai I will double check and make sure.

• @Monique_Odom_Comcast I believe this makes sense. I will see how that works. I am still relatively new to SmartSheets so it can all get confusing at times.