Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Allow to send attachments without linking to the sheet and adding other Smartsheet details

Options

For business use, the automated workflows to send automated email messages is wonderful. However, the emails that can be generated if you want to include an attachment from the sheet is unprofessional, messy, and confusing. I love the look of the emails when you send just the message. I wish I could send a message and attachment without being forced to have a link to the sheet in the email or any of the details of what triggered the email to send (e.g., 1 row changed, row 6, etc.). This is not a polished look and limits use if sending emails to customers.

The green highlights represents the things I wish I could choose to exclude from the email.

19 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• MaggieM
    MaggieM ✭✭✭✭
    Options

This is a big problem for us as well and causes a huge amount of excess emails with people requesting access to the sheet

• Jan M.
    Options

I am having the same issue with a form we will be using soon. Many of those who will be submitting the form are not users in Smartsheet so for them to get a link to a sheet they will think they need to set up an account to access information. I would like to be able to just send them a simple message letting them know a copy of the form submitted with their responses is attached.

• MariahC
    MariahC ✭✭
    Options

This would be extremely helpful! We use this to document specific trainings and have 100+ attendees for some trainings. I've been downloading them and emailing them separately, but having a way to do this without sending the smartsheet information would make things 20 times easier!

• rathomas
    Options

I want to be able to send attachments without a link to the source sheet

• Thiara Perez
    Options

@Danielle O'Connell agree. I don't know why "message only" is the only option that can send a polished email with no links. I'd like to be able to include attachments and fields from the sheet with NO links to my source sheet. Also, we need to be able to add a standard attachment that is not part of my sheet. Meaning, I have an email automation to alert someone; and I want that email to include an "info" document that is saved in my desktop. When I am setting my email, I'd like to have an option to "upload file". Then when my workflow is triggered, the email goes out with that document attached. I think that would be a nice feature to have.