October Question of the Month 💭 Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• H.Arsenault
    H.Arsenault ✭✭✭
    Options

Learning to trust others, knowing that they likely will cause me some pain at times but they will also likely bring me great joy, love, and satisfaction more of the time. Next to this is learning when it's ok to protect my trust, as not everyone will be deserving and that's ok. I can't possible earn & deserve everyone else's trust either. Life, like people, is big and complex but when you're willing to trust in the beauty of it all it can be beautifully amazing and more worth celebrating and appreciating than hiding from.

• Gkoukakis
    Gkoukakis ✭✭✭
    Options

I used to be afraid of swimming close to rocks and to deep waters. I have started snorkeling and then moved to spearfishing, challenging my fears step by step, dive by dive. I have also completed an AIDA free diving school to put safety in. Now, I am moving through rocks, diving to around 20 meters, playing with sea creatures (seals, sea turtles) and enjoying the amazing world of sea! The best psychotherapy. :) :)

• samantha.fowler78
    samantha.fowler78 ✭✭✭
    Options

I've always had a slight fear of heights! To overcome this fear I have (baby steps) gone to the top of the John Hancock Center in Chicago along with ziplining in Las Vegas and Haiti!

The fear is still there but not as bad :)

• apriljbarrera
    apriljbarrera ✭✭
    Options

Changing career paths from being a Paralegal to STEM in my late 30s. I was terrified. I went back to school and got my MBA. That is when I found Smartsheet! It was the first systems tool I implemented after my career change and I have taken it with me to 2 more companies since then. My job now is so rewarding and that change was the best thing I could have done. My motto is "You are never too old to obtain your dreams!"

• sdunham
    sdunham ✭✭✭
    Options

Moving from Dubai and the Doha area to the United States. It was different on so many levels. Culture, personal, and career but I'm so thankful for that because it expanded my thinking and opened so many opportunities to learn and become a better person. It was definitely not easy; it took a long time to adjust and understand more. But it's worth it.

• Marcela
    Marcela Employee Admin
    Options

Going on vacations by myself! Now I love just spending quality time with my own company around the world, however, I can't ignore that I have also met some wonderful beings in this journey 🙌

• egypthntr
    egypthntr ✭✭✭
    Options

I was scared to Sky Dive. I am deathly afraid of heights, but I am moving out of my comfort zone and this has been something that I have always wanted to do! I did it and it was not as bad as I thought!

• Amanda Jeske
    Amanda Jeske ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was terrified the first time I was an announcer for a roller derby event. Normally I would never have been asked but volunteers were low that day so I stepped in. Public speaking and explaining a confusing sport to a group of 400 people was a bit much but got through it and I have picked up the microphone quite a few times since.

• Hsantos
    Hsantos ✭✭✭
    Options

One thing that scared me until I did it was giving a presentation to Leadership. The idea of speaking in front of Senior Leadership is intimidating, but as I prepared and gained experience, it became less daunting.

• Melissa Bosi
    Melissa Bosi ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was so scared to move to a big city from the comfort of my hometown. It was a great experience in the end and excellent for my career.

• Heather_Verde
    Heather_Verde ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Being a parent. And of course as most parent's know, we would do anything for our children. I am deathly afraid of heights, yet I sucked it up and ziplined to enjoy a family vacation. That was my one and probably only time.

• Aldrin Sarsaba
    Aldrin Sarsaba ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Fear and scared of Height.

• Tpugh
    Tpugh ✭✭✭
    Options

Fear of flying in airplanes, well not so much fear of flying, fear of crashing.

• Marlei
    Marlei ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Distancing from a toxic family member. Emotional abuse is hard to identify when you are going through it. You want to believe that, its just their personality and they really dont mean to be that way. It took several years after the distancing for me to realize that this person made choices to behave the way they did. Removing the close connection enabled me to minimze the negative interactions and I was able to focus on more positive relationships. In more recent years, I've rekindled a little of the closeness with this person... but only with clear boundaries of respect and positive intent. Life is good!

• Tpugh
    Tpugh ✭✭✭
    Options

@Marlei Thank you for sharing.

This discussion has been closed.