October Question of the Month 💭 Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Rocky
    Rocky ✭✭✭
    Options

Lately, I've been living a "bucket list" kind of life. To that effect, I've always wanted to try zip lining. The first time I tried this I was on a cruise ship. Scary and yet, thrilling. I am going to Africa next month and will zip line there and go on a safari. The safari is another bucket list item. Another bucket list item is to push, inspire, cajole the Smartsheet team into creating the mechanism to add the functionality to allow more than one auto number column in the same sheet. One sheet should be able to track different things which require a number. This capability would be a wonderful addition!

Thank you very much,

YCRock

• Rebeca S.
    Rebeca S. Employee Admin
    Options

What an awesome adventure, I hope you have a great time in Africa! I agree with you that zip lining is scary and yet, thrilling. I'm actually planning to try it over the rain forest next time 😁

For your other bucket list item, you can create an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback & Ideas topic, where other users will be able to vote on it as well!

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I remember my solo travel, I was 21, I travelled alone to Tunisia.

When I returned, I add made friends, we were a group of 10 returning to Paris.

I love Solo Travels ✈️

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Jeremy C
    Jeremy C ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Replacing the brakes on my wife's vehicle. I'm not a mechanic nor have I ever done a brake job before. The thought of the brakes not working afterward caused enough anxiety for me to put it off for a week. Eventually I was able to get the job done and everything worked out. Also saved a couple car payments worth of labor by doing it myself.

Regards - JC

• Brooke Y
    Brooke Y ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Going back to school to switch careers in my mid thirties.

It was the best career decision I have made!

• Colleen K
    Options

Stepping back and letting my children make mistakes so that they can learn and be empowered.

• fhill
    fhill ✭✭
    Options

Buying our first home (luckily 8 years ago)

• MMcLain
    MMcLain ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Filling up the tank the very first time.

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Making a career change! I personally love to be comfortable, but I just wasn't happy in my last job. I struggled a lot with making the jump because I kept thinking that it's just easier to deal with the issues I know vs trying something new and finding harder things to deal with.

I'm so glad I'm made the leap though! I love my new work/position. I found a love for data analytics and I can't see where it takes me!

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I was going to say rock climbing, but that still scares me now - before, during, and even more, after, when you put your life in the hands of the person lowering you down. <shudder>

Something that scared me this week was answering a question here for the first time. I've been using smartsheet for 18 months and can get it to do pretty much anything I want. But other than posting two questions, I hadn't used the community. So I thought I'd have a go. But what if I misunderstood the question? What if someone else was answering? What if my answer was wrong? ...

Turns out everyone is very friendly and it is quite addictive - like solving a crossword - but helping someone at the same time.

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/31/23
    Options

Balloons scare[d] me and not just a little, however, one sunny afternoon for my child's birthday... MANY moons ago, I bought a colorful bouquet of balloons. I had to skillfully shove all the balloons in the back seat of my compact sedan at the time, like a magician fitting everything in a tiny box. The sun blazed, causing the inside of the car to turn into an oven. I decided to roll the windows down slightly to allow for some much-needed air circulation. Thinking I was in the clear, I casually drove home with a car full of balloons, their vibrant colors bouncing around. That's when it happened, just one innocent balloon decided to burst and a loud 'POP!' sound resonated through the vehicle. The sudden explosion turned my heart into a race car, and I nearly jumped out of my seat. Thank goodness it was just one balloon, but that moment of surprise left me in stitches, laughing all the way home. Since then I am not as afraid but I would rather not experience that again while driving.

Adriane

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Starting my own company.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Salèha El D.
    Salèha El D. ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I still get the same feeling, I am still working on it - like you, I too find everyone has been so welcoming, and helpful.

Salèha El D.

Talks about #Smartsheet #productivity, #eventindustry, and #informationtechnology

➖Continuous improvement – for me, an ongoing desire to enhance processes, and increase productivity ➖

• Kathie Gifford
    Options

Going to college after being a stay-at-home mom for 9 years. I celebrated my 30th birthday with my classmates most of whom weren't even 20 :) I was so afraid I wouldn't fit in, that I wouldn't have anything in common with anyone else. My biggest fears were that I would fail, I felt that I didn't deserve to be there and that my kids would suffer since I was no longer just focused on their care. My fears were unfounded, and I made friends, graduated, won the Student Leader award and even got a job through the college during my last semester which launched my career. And my kids, I set an example that helped them see that you can set to make a change in your life, at any age.

This discussion has been closed.