Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Transfer Calendar App Assets

Options
Scott Peters
Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The calendar app does not allow Sys Admins to transfer calendars to other users. When the owner of a calendar is terminated, there is no way to gain control of that asset, and it has to be rebuilt. Admins should be able to transfer calendars to any other user who is enabled for that premium app.

5 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

If you are a Calendar App System Admin, you can now transfer calendars between two users (including transferring calendars from a deactivated user to an active user). The individual the calendar is being transferred to must have at least admin rights to the underlying sheet.

Comments

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Further... Smartsheet Support confirmed that if a user has a calendar asset and has not shared it with any of your Smartsheet System Administrators, there isn't a tool to for those Admins to see or discover the assets. Best practice is:

1. If a user  who is assigned the premium calendar app is leaving your organization  or moving into a role where they no longer need this feature, work with them before they leave to transfer the assets of their own accord. 
    2. If a user has already left your organization, contact support to discover if  the user has any calendar assets.   the support team is able and willing to transfer the assets on your behalf
  • Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Genevieve P. - Now that this is live in production (Yay!) What will happen to this idea post?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @Scott Peters

The Status has now been updated! Here's the Release Note for this topic:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Chizu Hieida
    Chizu Hieida ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I just had this case that Calendar App Owner had left the company few months ago and I had to transfer ownership. It wasn't as easy as described above.

I had to locate the source sheet and share it with our System Admin account before I could do this.

I am also Plan Asset Admin - it should be a way for us to get notification for these premium apps created by deactivated user - so we can transfer ownership for these apps to appropriate user. Currently, I don't think we have a way to locate these premium app assets.