How to remove deleted sheets from Sheet Access Report?

Options

Even as a System Admin for my org, I do not have the ability to see all the sheets/reports/dashboards created by my organization's users. So to identify the Smartsheet resources used across the business, I periodically run a Sheet Access Report out of the Admin Center.

However, I've noticed that deleted sheets never actually get removed from this report. I still see things that I've deleted months ago showing up in the CSV.

Is there a way to get these deleted sheets from being reported on the Sheet Access file?

If not, then it sure is difficult to do any kind of enterprise-wide item management. If the report at least had a column showing if a sheet has been deleted or not, it would make it easier to filter them out. But it doesn't.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @wlandry12

You're correct, currently deleted sheets that are still accessible in the Deleted folder show up in Sheet Access Reports.

Our Engineering team is evaluating this and they're working on removing those sheets from that report in the future; I don't have an ETA for when this update will be released however I believe it should be before the end of the year.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• wlandry12
    wlandry12 ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply, Genevieve.

I think the report might show more than just what's in Sheets, Workspaces, and Deleted Items, though. I still see assets listed that have been "permanently deleted" for months. There must be records of these assets being retained in Smartsheet databases that the Sheet Access Report is not filtering out, right?