Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Contact List Functionality in Forms

Options
MitchM
MitchM ✭✭

I've noticed this request a few times over the years, but still don't see that Smartsheet has addressed this. When using sheets, the "Contact List" column works wonderfully and will populate any user within our Smartsheet account when you begin typing a name. However, when attempting to use this within a form, it DOES NOT work as Smartsheet users want. Currently, I use a workaround of using a "created by" column within the sheet so it auto populates with the user e-mail address that is submitting the form, then I still have to manually go into the sheet and type the name within a "Contact List" column in order to get automations to work as needed.

Will this ever be addressed so we can use a "Contact List" column within a form that will flow into a sheet and allow for proper automations? For years, Smartsheet users have been asking for functionality that will allow us to use a "Contact List" column within a form and it be automatically tied to all users within our account when submitting via a form, just like how it functions in normal sheet view. Will this functionality ever be available to Smartsheet users?

23 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

It'd be really nice if they could create a contact on a form honestly if it doesn't already exist.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• a.antuzzi
    a.antuzzi ✭✭
    edited 11/22/23
    Options

I would like my form to shows all the existing users in the contacts list... instead of force me to add manually each contact from the contact list to the selectable options.

• Connor Hartford
    Connor Hartford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd love this as well. I think if it was just connected to a group user list, that already exists, that'd be very easy.

Connor Hartford

• Nate H
    Nate H ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I've seen requests on this as far back as 2019. It needs to be slotted. The lack of this functionality impairs the ability to do some automations.