Is there a way to send a report every 2 weeks to each contact with a list that shows only their task

Options
Alicia D
Alicia D ✭✭
edited 03/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Is there a way to have a report go out every 2 weeks to each contact with a list that shows only their tasks? Here is how my sheet looks (attached). I know there is a way to send automation when something is coming up or is late, but I want a list of all tasks regardless of the status that are only assigned to the person the email report is going out to.

Best Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Him Have you looked at the first workflow box in the automation and changed it to "When a Date is Reached"?

If so, and you're still having difficulties, then maybe you can give a bit more information.

You can do a lot after this... including sending them update requests or directing them to a link for a report that is filtered on current user.

Hope this helps.

Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Alicia D , There are many options at this point. As a starter, you will want to select a field in the Conditions. You can select the "Complete" field and then choose what values you want it to trigger on.

Here are some options from there:

1) Use the "Alert Someone" functionality to send them a note with a URL in it that will send them to a) a report that you set up that is filtered on current user or b) a dynamic view (if you have this in your license) that is filtered on current user (I prefer the latter).

2) Use a "Request an Update" to send the user the data in the fields you select. These will appear in emails with a link to view them in online forms. You can even have them change the values through these forms if you desire.

Since you aren't that familiar with this functionality I would recommend going to online support to learn more about setting up automations, reports, dynamic views, update requests, etc.

I hope this is helpful.

Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

Answers

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Him Have you looked at the first workflow box in the automation and changed it to "When a Date is Reached"?

If so, and you're still having difficulties, then maybe you can give a bit more information.

You can do a lot after this... including sending them update requests or directing them to a link for a report that is filtered on current user.

Hope this helps.

Be well

• Alicia D
    Options

Hello @Scott Orsey , thanks for your response. I have gone to the area that you are referring to (thanks, I didn't know I could do this), but now I don't know how to set it up from here. Can you go more into the options for sending them a report of all of their active (not complete or postponed) tasks?

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Alicia D , There are many options at this point. As a starter, you will want to select a field in the Conditions. You can select the "Complete" field and then choose what values you want it to trigger on.

Here are some options from there:

1) Use the "Alert Someone" functionality to send them a note with a URL in it that will send them to a) a report that you set up that is filtered on current user or b) a dynamic view (if you have this in your license) that is filtered on current user (I prefer the latter).

2) Use a "Request an Update" to send the user the data in the fields you select. These will appear in emails with a link to view them in online forms. You can even have them change the values through these forms if you desire.

Since you aren't that familiar with this functionality I would recommend going to online support to learn more about setting up automations, reports, dynamic views, update requests, etc.

I hope this is helpful.

Be well

• Alicia D
    Options

@Scott Orsey , this worked thank you very much!