Checklist population with info from another sheet

Options
TinkoLP
TinkoLP ✭✭✭
edited 03/25/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi team!

I'm hoping one of you wise Smartsheets gurus have some guidance. I am trying to build out a "checklist" that will populate with data from another form and for the life of me I cannot figure it out!

For a little more context, I work in the Mortgage industry. The documentation needed for each loan can vary, depending on loan type, state, and a handful of other variables. I currently have a checklist for each loan type built on on Word Documents, and am trying to instead incorporate them into Smartsheets.

I have a main pipeline where we track the borrower's name, along with additional data that I would like to auto-fill on these checklists. For example, I'd like it to pull over "Loan Type", "Loan Amount", "Property Type", so on and so forth. I was thinking I might be able to create a Dropdown, that would autofill with all borrower names, and when a specific name is selected, the other pertinent data would pull from their row. Ideally, once the info pulls over, the checklist would then populate based off of the data pulled from the other sheet. IE, if "Property Type" is "Condo", it would populate the items needed for Condos. If the Loan Type is "FHA", it would then populate the requirements for FHA specifically. The only way I could think of to do this was through automations?

We'd then link the checklist to the main pipeline for easy access, and my team can use the individual sheets to track everything they need.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Answers