May Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Joe Goetschel
    Joe Goetschel ✭✭✭✭✭✭

GOOGLE!

Early on I needed help like most of us. I did a quick search there was the answer. Time and time again the correct answer was in the community!

One day I couldn't find my answer, So I finally logged in and asked myself! What I didn't realize was how I now NEEDED, not wanted, NEEDED to get more badges.

The rest is history 😎

Joe Goetschel | Smartsheet Director | SCS CLOUD - Smartsheet Partner

joe.goetschel@scscloud.com

Save My Contact

"The only real limitation of Smartsheet is the level of effort required to achieve your goal."

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Deanna Vandermeer Thanks for the shout out! I too have found a number of friendships through this Community to include yourself. This Community is by far my favorite Community/Forum that I have been a part of. There are so many awesome people and so many willing to share their knowledge.

This particular Community has been literally life changing for me as it opened up some opportunities that I doubt I would have otherwise had. Those opportunities and plenty of hard work have turned dreams into goals and goals into realities.

I stumbled across this wonderful place when I was trying to find some help with some challenges when I first started building in Smartsheet. I had been building solutions for approximately 6 months at that time and bumped into some logic I just couldn't wrap my head around. I knew Excel had a dedicated forum, but everyone there kept suggesting the MOD function which didn't exist in Smartsheet yet. I figured if Excel had a forum, maybe Smartsheet did too.

I had a slow start just asking a few questions here and there, but the more I learned, the more I was able to interact and participate. The more I participated, the more I learned. Round and round we go. Learning and making new connections. It has been a whirlwind of 6 1/2 years in Smartsheet (6 on the Community), but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

• Sam C
    Sam C ✭✭✭✭

During a rather frustrating journey to figure out the right formula for my sheet, I found Smart U and the Smartsheet community with similar-minded individuals who also hate creating formulas, along with a handful of formula-experts mixed in there to help the rest of us. 😅

• terrikelley
    terrikelley ✭✭✭

About two years ago, I was super excited to learn that my department was looking at adopting Smartsheet as a tool for project management. I immediately became a pest asking my manager over and over and over again if I could obtain a license. At this point, my team was utilizing Excel documents for everything! Once I received approval for the license, I met with another colleague within the department who also had a Smartsheet license and he provided me with the link to the Smartsheet Community telling me that I could find the answers to all of my questions in this forum!

• joey.w.razzano
    joey.w.razzano ✭✭✭✭

I found the community by clicking everywhere on the website to find out all about what was available - I was probably looking for a formula syntax - and found a wealth of knowledge from users probably smarter than me who had already figured out what I needed to know and was sold! I tell fellow users about this valuable resource in addition to Smartsheet University as a companion lesson, if you will. They both offer two sides of the same lesson - one is theoretical and the other is practical!

• Stacey Carrasco
    Stacey Carrasco ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I learned of the community as soon as I knew I needed help and had questions and was searching for support. I feel like I learned of the community in my early years of using the tool maybe 6 years ago. Once I learned of the great support it's always my first place to turn to. I have my favorite community members I seem to always ask questions to, so it's nice to run an idea by someone else who speaks the Smartsheet language.

Thank you community members for supporting one another! 🤗

Senior Program Coordinator

De Anza College

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

I discovered the Smartsheet Community while searching for solutions to a specific project management challenge.
    I'm glad to have found this community and excited to contribute, learn, and grow with fellow professionals.

Huma

Community Leader

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Discovered the community while looking for solutions to queries, then I realised that I could also help others in similar situations.

• The assist came from Google, as the Smartsheet Community was always the collection of the top results for my responses. I decided to cut out the middle step and go straight to the source, and I go straight to these boards now when I need expert advice.

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭

I found it when I first start using Smartsheet at my previous company. There was not any existing training and really no experts on Smartsheet at the company, a few PMs who had used it on projects. No one who was really leveraging the power of Smartsheet. So I was tagged to become our resident expert and use it to set up our PMO Intake and Portfolio Management. Solution Center would have been perfect, but we only had Smartsheet and none of the extensions and I had to figure out a way to make it work. Between the community and Smartsheet University, I was able to train myself and get our PMO fully operation using the PMO template set with a bunch of adaptations/customizations to work with our company and process. Now doing something similar with my new company along with using for manufacturing planning, IT change control and change review/approval. It's fun to see folks eyes light up when they see new ways to leverage their data and be better than before Smartsheet. 😀

• Diana K.
    Diana K. ✭✭✭

I was introduced to the Smartsheet Community simply by looking for answers to my questions. Once I entered the site, it was like I had discovered a new world full of very useful information and a plethora of smart and genuinely kind people who either had already figured things out or were available almost immediately to help you out—love the community!

• XLee
    XLee ✭✭✭

Our firm came across Smartsheet as an update to our previous project management tools and really liked it. We were tasked with testing the tool and providing feedback. I was mesmerized by how user friendly the interface is, and in my process of discovery and attempt to maximize utilization of this new tool, I came across the Help Center, which then led me to this Community.

It has helped me get clarity on obstacles we've had internally, and is a great resource to understand how others are using this tool in different ways as we gauge four ourselves in what other capacity we could use Smartsheet for. I'm looking forward to the continuing development of this Community forum.

• MMcLain
    MMcLain ✭✭✭✭✭

I found the Smartsheet Community out of necessity/desperation.

We were given an opportunity to try Smartsheet out, the log-in link was all the resources provided.

Smartsheet Community has made me self-sufficient, thanks to everyone's help. I, too, like @Frank S., "pay it forward by assisting my colleagues and other members of the community whenever possible."

• JMacMillan
    JMacMillan ✭✭✭

I joined the Smartsheet Community shortly after our company adopted Smartsheet. I became the “super-user” in the company which meant a lot of sheet and template creating. I would google solutions when I had difficulty and found the Smartsheet Community provided a lot of insight and answers, so I decided t join!

• Pauline J
    Pauline J ✭✭✭✭✭

Like so many of us, I was learning Smarsheet through trying, searching the internet for answers, etc. I happened upon the community at one point — but what stood out to me was my first experience at ENGAGE2023. That is where I saw and experienced the vision of people helping others, and I loved that! My participation is off and on just due to my workload, but it's so helpful to find answers when others have the same questions, and it's really nice to be able to answer questions too. 😊 I love an online environment where we help each other thrive!

This discussion has been closed.