May Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• kelceyg
    kelceyg ✭✭✭✭✭

I was introduced to Smartsheet through my job. I made a career switch to project management, and the PMO I joined used Smartsheet as their project management tool. When I joined the team, they truly didn't have much for me to do, so I dived into learning about Smartsheet. I quickly became the Smartsheet SME for my team, and I was becoming known as the SME in the organization. I was recently recruited by another company because of my Smartsheet knowledge. My new company's PMO has made the switch to Smartsheet, and brought me in to get everything implemented!

• Andrea_Thompson
    Andrea_Thompson ✭✭✭✭

Within a new position at a company that uses it.

• AntonioC
    AntonioC ✭✭✭✭

I honestly don't remember as it started, but in my company the use of Smartsheet was quite wide. So, as a seasoned Excel user, I immediately realized the potential for collaboration that Excel was lacking. I kept using it though for more complex calculation and analysis, but anything that requires collaboration or continuously live data is now done only with Smartsheet. I actually think I've found a good balance between the two and they seamlessly complement each other.

• Mark.poole
    Mark.poole ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I joined my team as a Quality Inspector. After getting into a slow period I asked if there was anything I could help with. I was tasked with streamlining the Sheets and Forms we use for data entry. I Found the community while researching a particular problem I was having. I now frequent it nearly every day as just a resource to both learn and use.

If you found this comment helpful. Please respond with any of the buttons below. Awesome🖤, Insightful💡, Upvote⬆️, or accepted answer. Not only will this help others searching for the same answer, but help me as well. Thank you.

• Monicacraven
    Monicacraven ✭✭✭✭✭

The ENGAGE conference!

• Lara J
    Lara J ✭✭

I was Googling how to do something in SmartSheet (I'm a fairly new user) and I came across a Community answer. I was excited to find it! There's so much good information here, and plenty of helpful people.

• Like many others here. I found Smartsheet Community when I first started using Smartsheet. I was looking for help with formulas, and I found the information in the Community to be really helpful in that regard. If I couldn't figure out how to make a formula work, there usually was someone in the Community who had already tried it and had tips

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Googling answers to my formula questions. 🤣

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly as @Trish Dillon above! Googling and being humbled that I'm not the first to be asking about that question!

• I learned about the community when our organization transitioned to smartsheet for several workflows. I have yet to complete training and have been using completely self taught.

I found the community helpful when researching questions around building of forms and smartsheets, etc.

I also just recently posted a discussion and quickly got a response which was nice.

• T C
    T C ✭✭✭✭

All started such a short time ago. There I was, not understanding how formulas worked, especially being a heavy Excel users. I was searching google for help over and over again; constantly getting my questions answered from community posts. So, I said, I am going to join. I keep ending up getting my questions answered here anyway.

Here to learn, willing to help!

• MarceHolzhauzen
    MarceHolzhauzen ✭✭✭✭

I actually discovered the Smartsheet community after @Michelle Basson tagged me in a post a few years ago. Since then, the community has become a go to place to find answers, ideas and ask questions.

Marcé Holzhauzen
    Dare to try

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting it and reacting w/💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome.

• When I joined this company, I was introduced to SmartSheet. As an advanced user of precursor spreadsheet software, I was totally blown away by the mere existence of some core SS features - forms, automation, ability for anyone (even external, with no access to a sheet) to respond to an automated email and populate a cell, click a button to get a Gantt version, etc. That was all it took, it's a match.

While there still is growing to do - some features that seem basic are not implemented - it's an incredible program and community.

• I worked with the community team at my former employer and learned how valuable community is. Being able to ask questions and learn from others is something I found was helpful.

I searched it out when I started using Smartsheet at my new employer so here I am!

• Bruce Case
    Bruce Case ✭✭✭✭✭

After using Smartsheet for several years, our Success Manager pointed me to the Community, were I admit, I was reluctant to post anything, saying to myself, there ain't nobody out there that would answer a question I post, especially if they don't know me. Boy was I ever wrong. Look, in the end, nobody is giving away trade secrets! We are merely posting an hurdle that is causing us difficulties — OK, sometimes it's more of a road block than a hurdle. For me, it's now more of paying it forward, so knowing I have ask questions of the Community over the years, I do try to block some time to go out to the Community and answer some questions.

This discussion has been closed.