May Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Martha Hemingway
    Martha Hemingway ✭✭✭✭✭

My awesome account team @Sheena Tratz & @Katy Kellogg got me here and it's been exciting every since! Forever grateful <3

• Erin Horiuchi Green
    Erin Horiuchi Green ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I used Smartsheet was back in 2014. Even though 10 years have passed, the UX has improved, but, I was disappointed with the lack of innovation on flexibility, features and integration out of the box with the Enterprise Plan when comparing to competitor Wrike.

The Smartsheet Community has been a lifesaver in seeing how other Smartsheet Users are navigating their work arounds or limitation acceptance.

Currently, I just had IT install Python and MS Visual Studio to see what I can achieve and truly appreciating the opportunity as a certified Scrum Master to moonlight as a Developer.

• Meg Y
    Meg Y ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to pinpoint when I first discovered the community. I have been a user for almost 10 years. Feel old just thinking about that, the company was still private then.

Once I found the community it was a complete game changer. It has helped me solve tricky formulas, learned lots of new things, and have helped others. Lets not forget the feature request.

Meg Young
    mmyoungconsulting@gmail.com

If this answer resolves your question, please help the Community by marking it as an accepted answer. I'd also be grateful for your response - "Insightful"or "Awesome" reactions are much appreciated. Thanks!

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran Overachievers

I had initially discovered the Smartsheet Community as many of us do—Googling a question that I have! I love seeing all of the answers that people share. I love that we have so many folks that love to answer questions (including those pesky formula questions!). Usually, I can see that someone has already asked my question, which helps in 2 ways:

1. I have the answer that also worked for someone else
    2. I'm not the only one who struggled with this!

I had not been very involved with the Smartsheet Community until I attended ENGAGE 2022. Visiting the community booth helped me to see that there are a lot of different things taht the Community has—not just Q&A, but also recommendations for new features and also fun posts, such as this one!

I serve as a Smartsheet resource for much of my organization, but I frequently remind them that I find my answers in the Community as well! It's a great resource—use it!

Deena Duran, MA (She/Her)

🌟 Smartsheet Overachiever, Mobilizer, and Early Adopter 🌟

🎓️ Core App, Project Management, and System Administrator Certified 🏅

Senior Business Analyst

University of New Mexico Health Sciences

• Darla Brown
    Darla Brown Overachievers

I found this fantastic community when I returned from my first Engage in 2019. That was also my introduction to SS, and the first taste of what has now become my new life and addiction 😁 The knowledge base within this community is so vast and diverse. I can always find an answer to my issue here. I rarely reach out to the help topics anymore.

Smartsheet is in my blood, so that makes you all my family🤩

Darla Brown

What you meditate on, you empower!

Overachiever - Core Product Certified - Mobilizer - EAP

• Ashley Ferguson
    Ashley Ferguson ✭✭✭✭

Another coworker had suggested Smartsheets as solution for a community initiative we were a part of, but the department slowly started to discover its higher purpose. When I stepped into the Project Manager role 2.5 years ago, I really started to push people to use it but had no one to learn from. I relied on this community for ideas and fixing my broken formulas, and now I want to become a proper SME for my coworkers so they can understand its full potential.

Ashley Ferguson, PMP

IS Project Manager | St. Joseph’s/Candler

http://linkedin.com/in/ashley-ferguson-399396a

• Isis Taylor
    Isis Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I learned about the Smartsheet Community while searching for answers to my many questions. I am almost always able to find the answer to my question complete with detailed examples, particularly for formulas. I have since joined the community to take advantage of the collaborative learning opportunities and knowledge sharing with other users.

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior

• BrookeGL33
    BrookeGL33 ✭✭✭

I was introduced to Smartsheet through the use of it in my day-to-day workflow for the use of project management, which someone within our dept. had developed. Recently I switched roles/departments and was given the opportunity to implement new uses for Smartsheet within our operations. When I embarked on developing different sheets, reports, workstations, etc. I was all self-taught. When I needed help I would Google or Youtube, which brought me to the Smartsheet Community. Of course, I had to join as what better way to learn and grow within the Smartsheet platform then with others who are using it and learning also. Excited to learn from all of the people in this community and share tidbits of useful stuff with all of you. :)

• I always look for the community when I start using any tool so that I can get answers to the questions arises while using the tool. So I am here now :)

• Sarah Keortge
    Sarah Keortge ✭✭✭✭

I was introduced to the Smartsheet Community by our CSM when we were first implementing Smartsheet for our company. We have a lot of very unique situations and the community has helped to figure out individual building blocks needed to ensure Smartsheet can work well for us. Though I'm somewhat of an expert in Smartsheet now, I still visit the Community when something unusual arises or when I need a gut check on an approach. I also send links to posts for our users when they have questions so they can see that there's a whole community that can help them. I really love how engaged and supportive this community is.

• mreynolds66
    mreynolds66 ✭✭✭

The previous company I worked for was looking for a platform that we could house all our inspections, training, and other safety related information. We were looking around at several other LMS software, assuming that would help us, however we were also on a very strict budget. After months of looking, we stumbled across Smartsheet and figured we would give the 30-day free trial out.

With in those 30 days, we had to learn what we were doing and create something that we could show off to several corporate team members to show it was worth investing in. In that 30 days, we learned A LOT, spent 8 to 10 hours a day in Smartsheet trying to figure out what we were doing. We then presented it to the corporate team, and they were instantly hooked (dashboards are the key!).

Fast forward 4 years, I moved to the company I am at now, where they were still doing everything pen and paper style. Nothing in the company has been digital, so I did the same thing here. Created a 30-day trial, created two sheets/forms and they were instantly hooked. Now I have created them dashboards, reporting systems, inventory systems, and more, and have made an ROI with in the first 30 days.

Thank you,

Mitchell Reynolds

• Protonsponge
    Protonsponge ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/20/24

I joined the Smartsheet community on the 21st Sept 2023, about 1 month after getting my Smartsheet licence. I was introduced to the Smartsheet Community during a Smartsheet ProDesk session.

My Smartsheet learning started with Smartsheet University and after completing the core app learning path, my brain was buzzing with all the potential I had just unlocked. I started to build tools and functionality that would aid my role. Before long I was looking at building custom sheets/functionality and I quickly ran in to complexities beyond my rookie skill sets.

I was made aware of the ProDesk resource by our business development representative and I quickly set up a call. The ProDesk team helped to solve my early challenges but also brought my attention to this community which I have since searched for previously answers questions and further learning.

I have been fortunate enough to have a couple of questions answers by this community that have helped me with my Smartsheet builds… a call out to @Paul McGuinness who first showed me the generosity of this community by helping me convert an inherited excel formula for use in Smartsheet… on the 21st Sept' 23 - Yes, the very same day I joined the Smartsheet!

Paul is now helping me get my name dropper badge with my first @Mention. I look forward to the day I can answer a question for someone in the community to pay it forward.

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

@Protonspounge 😁 Thank you for the shout out!

We are lucky to have such an amazing community and I'm always happy to help where I can 👍️

Congrats on getting your shout out badge!

Thank you

Paul

• To help assist our PMO group showcase our workload, present statuses, and historical information, I began trying to set up a dashboard. As many that have set up dashboards that span multiple information sources know, formulas are your best friend for this. As someone that had basic experience with writing formulas, I utilized Google quite a bit to try to write them. These inevitably always led me to the Community. I was on it so much I started to recognize the names of the top contributors and was amazed at the knowledge level individuals here had.

Through the Community, I've become much more experienced with formulas. These have helped create some robust dashboards that really allow us to showcase our impact. Thank you to everyone here for what you do and the knowledge that you share 😀

• Melissa Farley
    Melissa Farley ✭✭✭✭

I came across the Smartsheet Community after a colleague shared its value in their role.
    I'm thrilled to have found this community and eager to contribute, learn, and grow alongside fellow professionals.

This discussion has been closed.