May Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Comments

• Actually found the community because I was looking for answers related to a formula issue at the time. Being self taught on Smartsheet I often times look for responses to questions asked or new information related to features of the application that might be of benefit.

I went to "Get Help" and when the portal opened there was an "Ask the Community" section and here I am. 😊

The amount of information shared combined with the helpfulness of others is why I continue to peruse the Smartsheet Community.

• Marlana K.
    Marlana K. ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if I answered this so if I did sorry for the second round! I found Smartsheet through my current company. I was tasked with learning Forms and Dashboards right after starting. I found the community when googling a question related to workflows. One of my favorite sayings is Smartsheet where have you been all of my life!

MARLANA KALINOWSKI

Sr. Business Analysts / Smartsheet Solutions

National Pharmacy Services | Genoa Healthcare

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I don't know how long I have been in the community, as I have been in the community at first with another company email account and lost data while moving to another company with sure, a different email address.

Like most of you I remember searching for Smartsheet tips/ideas/solutions etc. back in those days, when Smartsheet was not so established. I found the community to be a good and welcoming place and soon wanted not just to learn and take but to give back. Doing this for years now and still love this place for its good community.

Thank you and respect for Smartsheet providing such a place and for the community team installed to keep it going!

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Jesse G.
    Jesse G. ✭✭✭✭

I discovered Smartsheet Community at my workplace. A colleague of mine posted an idea and wanted me to upvote it so it would get higher in the list.

But like others said before me. I like merchandise, badges, points and everything that comes with it. That's what's making me stick with a great community!

• dminenna
    dminenna ✭✭✭

My journey was much the same as @Monique_Odom_Comcast.
    I was thrown into my first Smartsheet project and had to hit the ground running - and was left to my own learning as there weren't many folks at my company that used Smartsheet. Google became my best friend for any and all Smartsheet 'how-to' questions and I happened upon the Community discussions which seemed to have many of the answers I needed and more. I eventually created my own account and started posting and voting up others' posts. I love the Community, have learned so much through the knowledge of it's users, and still rely on it many years later as I'm always thinking….."Hmmm - I wonder if Smartsheet can do this or that?" And, it seems to never fail that someone else has thought and asked the same thing. 😊

• I discovered Smartsheet Community while learning how to create functions, reports, and dashboards. I didn't initially make an account, however, until I was doing heavy research into Smartsheet's capabilities and wanted to join the Early Adopter Program. It has thus far been super helpful for understanding how many things I can do within the application and for gaining enough knowledge to be able to build solutions for my company.

• Melissa Boehl
    Melissa Boehl ✭✭✭✭✭✭

When I was first introduced to Smartsheet I had so many questions . I actually found the community by Google searching my questions and there it was.

Melissa Boehl

Smartsheet Architect | TurningPoint Energy

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

I discovered the community while being an independent contractor at Smartsheet. I would always look to Google to ask questions I needed a little further clarification on, and it brought me to the community as my trouble shooting resource!

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

I joined the team after taking a intro to Smartsheet course back in 2019. Helpful to see how other users have solved issues and created workarounds.

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I joined a company in 2018 and used Smartsheet for a minor time tracking aspect. As my role evolved, I realized what Smartsheet was, started using it more, set time aside to work through the online training content, and got familiar with the tool that I began using extensively. I quickly realized the greatness of this Community with the timeliness of responses, but even more than that, the relevant and related questions already asked by other users facing similar problems as mine. I have since joined a new company in 2023 and continue advocating for Smartsheet and help colleagues to be successful with their processes. I try to give back when I have time to review and answer unanswered questions, but mostly interacting with existing posts and hoping to leave enough breadcrumbs for others to find solutions to what problems they're facing. The Smartsheet Community is by far my favorite software user community, everyone's looking out for each other around these parts. #PowerofCommunity

• Michelle Basson
    Michelle Basson Overachievers Alumni

I discovered Smartsheet community one night while I was working late and struggling with some RYG status balls that did not want to work as I wanted them to. I searched online to see if someone had the same issue, and came across the amazing Smartsheet Community. Not only was I able to get the answer to my problem, but a whole new world of possibilities opened up. Having so a platform to converse with so many knowledgeable people, was just amazing and it really made the world of difference in my early years of starting out on the platform and it continues to do so today.

If my answer helped solve your issue, please mark it as accepted so that other users can find it later. Thanks!

Michelle Basson

Smartsheet Overachiever Alumni | Solution Consultant | Lover of everything Smartsheet

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michelle-basson/

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER
    www.projectplanservices.co.uk

• ChrisStrube
    ChrisStrube ✭✭✭

As a new user I ran into a few issues and reached out to the community for answers. It's been my go to for anytime I run into a problem that I can easily figure out on my own. Thanks! :)

• Cathy Betzer
    Cathy Betzer ✭✭✭✭✭

I began using Smartsheet after taking a project management course at Portland State University. We had to research similar software and really liked what we were seeing in Smartsheet. When we learned that our health system was using SmartSheet we requested licenses for our department. We quickly learned that the community forum was a great place to gain knowledge, ask questions, and help others.

• ksmith1
    ksmith1 ✭✭✭✭

My team was looking for a project management solution. Someone I know recommended Smartsheet. I looked into it and recommended that we give Smartsheet a try…Now, I'm the one recommending Smartsheet :)

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

I discovered the Smartsheet Community through a good old Google search… When I started to hit a wall on formulas or other more complex challenges in Smartsheet, I'd just google my problem and the Community was always the #1 hit. That said, I didn't actually realize the many benefits of joining the Community (or how addicting it would be!) until I attended ENGAGE 2023 and stopped by the Community booth - so, I've been using it for probably 3 years, but have only been a member for a little less than 1. Rest assured, now my very first stop at ENGAGE 2024 will be straight to the Community booth!!! 😎

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

This discussion has been closed.