Community Corner Newsletter [June 2024]

Marcela
Marcela Employee

Hello hello Neighbors! This is Marcela from the Community Team. Welcome to another edition of our Community Corner Newsletter!

First, a big thank you to Arsineh for presenting an amazing edition last month, and sharing some wonderful pictures of the Solar Eclipse. If you missed it, you can check out all the interesting and fun activities from May by clicking here.

Now, let's dive into the latest Smartsheet Community highlights. Stay with me until the end to see some photos from my recent outdoor adventures, and a preview of upcoming activities. Let's dive in, shall we?

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @Protonspounge here
  2. @ChrisStrube here
  3. @Trang Turtletraxx here
  4. @Christine Bond here
  5. @Maxx Gold here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

Ideas & feature requests (reviewed by the Product Team)!

What’s it going to be? Head to the Smartsheet Product and Ideas Topic to share and vote on ideas.

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

NEW Webinars Topic

Explore the webinars + three new badges (including Webinar Superstar)!

NEW PeerConnect Program

Learn more and start connecting

June Question of the Month

Share your answer by June 30

NEW Timeline View

Explore our all-new view

Smartsheet Forward

New Smartsheet innovations coming your way

Brand Collective Podcast

Check out the latest episode

Have you tried the Weekly Digest?

Get your personalized Community updates

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

“I’ve learned so much from reading discussions and starting my own, seeing different perspectives. I never would have gotten as far as I have if it weren’t for the Smartsheet Community!”

- @Monique_Odom_Comcast, Business Process Excellence Manager at Comcast (Learn more about Monique in her Member Spotlight)

---

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @Ga
  2. @MarceHolzhauzen
  3. @Mark.poole
  4. @tmanganelli
  5. @Denden8706

Member spotlight

@Paul McGuinness Here

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

Mandisa, “Overcomer”

“After surviving Hurricanes Katrina and Gustav, the Nashville 2020 tornado, and the Nashville 2020 Christmas Day Bombing, this has become an anthem for me. I’ve had to start over so many times, I’m beginning to feel like a cat with nine lives! But I refuse to be a victim in any circumstance. The second-half of the chorus is where I hang my hat:

You might be down for a moment

Feeling like it’s hopeless

That’s when He reminds you

That you’re an overcomer

You’re an overcomer!”

- Darla Brown (@Darla Brown), Process Improvement Manager at Loews Hotels, First Year Overachiever

---

More about me:

As I shared with you last December, I love enjoying outdoor activities, but today I’d like to share one in particular that’s quite different from what we commonly call hobbies. Last month, I had the opportunity to participate in a beach cleanup campaign organized by the Social Responsibility pillar of Smartsheet Costa Rica. This activity not only raised awareness about our waste management, but also strengthened my love for nature and my desire to take care of it! Here are pictures of the team and some findings of the day. It is worth to say that 114 kilos of trash were collected that day.

On another note, I’m very excited about my next adventure. At the end of this month, I’ll be visiting and climbing the Acatenango volcano in Guatemala. I’ll be camping at a base with a view of the Volcan de Fuego’s lava and ash eruptions. I’m thrilled just thinking about the incredible views I’ll have at sunset, at night, and at sunrise the next morning! I think I won’t be able to sleep so I don’t miss a second of such beauty!

Have you ever visited an active volcano before? Share your experiences and recommendations with me; I’d love to hear from you!

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Comments

• Will Duplex
    Will Duplex ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome newsletter @Marcela! I always love seeing the different community members highlighted and to hear about their stories and experiences. I really like the ICYMI portion as well because as things continue to move quickly day after day, it's easy to miss a new announcement or feature that could be value-added for my workload, or that I can share with my team. Thanks for putting this all together!

• Jake Gustafson
    Jake Gustafson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Marcela the volcano trip sounds awesome. In 2021, my wife and I were in Iceland and saw the Fagradalsfjall volcano erupt about 8 times in a short time viewing after our hike to the viewpoint. Truly amazing. Think about having something you could cook over any slow flowing lava that you're able to get close to, if possible (i.e., marshmallows). Great effort on the cleanup project. Each initiative like that makes a difference.