Data Shuttle Failed: Server Timeout - Sheet over 20K rows

NickBlocker
NickBlocker ✭✭✭
edited 07/18/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi SmartSheet Gurus,

This week I started to experience workflow sync timouts with a Data Shuttle upload on a sheet that has is over the 20k row limit (On Roadmap Phased Approch). I believe due to the size of the sheet a connection cannot be made and henece the workflow not sycning.

Would it be possible to have someone look into this for me? I found an older post which is below that leads me to think this way.

Nick Blocker - Analytics Adventurer

Answers

• Hi @NickBlocker it sounds like this is the case, as Data Shuttle is still governed by sheet size constraints! If you need to load in a larger dataset into Smartsheet, I'd recommend looking into DataTable!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Matt Lynn-PCG
    Matt Lynn-PCG ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@NickBlocker Yes, it's limited to the row limit of 20k, or the column limit of 400 or the cell limit of 500k. I've also seen data shuttle fail when some of the columns that aren't in the shuttle are formulas that exceed formula/internal cell link limits and the sheet is just not updating fast enough for the shuttle, but that's less likely. Lastly I've seen shuttles not function after the source or destination having too many attachments, again just simply slowing down overall performance.

Certified Platinum Partner

2023 Partner of the Year

PrimeConsulting.com