What view are you? Share your story and claim your badge

Comments

• Grid view is a definite for me. I get a comprehensive picture of all the pieces- tasks, timings, ownership, other metrics or information I am capturing. Gantt view helps but predominantly because the Grid view is attached. I wish the Gantt visual could be more usable. I either zoom in too much and can't see all the pieces, or zoom out too much and can't see the detail (like dates). It would be great if there was an auto-fit zoom. Perhaps there is an I have missed it.

The card view is my second best view. I predominantly use this for priortisation, where each project is a card and the updates are captured therein.

• I mostly use Gannt view

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni

Grid View - it is the best view for the majority of our projects.

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• smartsheetrr
    smartsheetrr ✭✭✭
    edited 08/04/24

Grid View is my favorite

• Shelbie
    Shelbie ✭✭

Grid view here. While I love ALL the views and the uniqueness of each one can be super valuable in different situations, grid view lets me see "under the hood" of everything, is the easiest view to adjust formulas and connections across different rows/columns, and inputs to all the other views.

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid view for day-to-day working solo, Calendar View for the recurring team meetings to ensure we don't get any unwanted surprises!

• SueinSpain
    SueinSpain ✭✭✭✭✭

So for a large majority I am Grid view as it is all about the process and tracking records through from start to finish.

However, for all our project management work, and there is lots, then we use a combination of Grid and Gantt view

One manager also likes the card view so will love the board view and I can see the timeline also being useful.

Calendar is not used at all by us.

Sue Rogers

AmerisourceBergen - MWI Animal Health

Business Analyst

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use all of the views for different teams and purposes.

I really like how when you're sharing a sheet you can select which view is used as default for the sheet.

I also like using default views within workapps.

Also, when you have a view applied and share the URL, the view is passed along with the URL which is good for people saving bookmarks.

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a grid view girl! I am always working in complicated formulas and cross-sheet functions, to make my whole intertwined network of sheets dance for me, so seeing them clearly in grid format is the best. There are times for the other views that I need, like when I am working on all of our project plans I need Gantt view, or when I am in our regular morning meeting giving assignments, card or board view is the best. However the majority of my time is spent in development, so Grid View all the way!

• Melitta
    Melitta ✭✭✭✭✭

Grid view. It all starts with a sheet! Just enough structure to do all kinds of fun things.

• DesireeJones
    DesireeJones ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi SmartSheet Community,

I am 100% Grid View!

I learned everything I know today from Grid View and it's definitely the foundation for many of the tools I have created for my clients. I think that a lot of my clients have always been familiar with Excel, which is formatted in a grid-like style, but when I collaborate with other freelancers, I am able to use the other views to suit different learning and communication styles.

SmartSheet definitely understands that there are many different types of people who learn and collaborate in hundreds of different ways to accomplish the same goal. It is definitely one of the many reasons why I enjoy using SmartSheet.

Thank you! 😊

• Samuel Mueller
    Samuel Mueller Overachievers

Board view all the way! I am the Smartsheet administrator for my organization and board view is the easiest way to see what updates I need to make, and who is asking for what improvements. Couldn't work as effective without board view.

• m.a
    m.a ✭✭

I'm a huge fan of grid view, but there isn't a day where I don't find use for calendar and the Gantt view too! The grid view is my home, I am a huge automation and cross-sheet formula references enthusiast, but you can't go wrong with the classic calendar and Gantt views for project management applications.

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid view 100%

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Shawn_K2
    Shawn_K2 ✭✭✭✭
    edited 08/06/24

The grid view is the go to. I can comprehensively see the status of every deliverable. I also like the calendar view to see due dates from a calendar stand point. I want to be able to enjoy the board view, but it has been unstable (freezing screen and unresponsive). I also don't see a option to see proofs in board view.

Work Smarter, Not Harder