What view are you? Share your story and claim your badge

Comments

• SteyJ
    SteyJ ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid View. I create event logs, so you can imagine that grid is my home.

In a close second, I would say Calendar as I build out a ton of schedules for PTO, and mission critical things. I do wish the built in calendar had text wrapping though. Timeline is also growing on me.. I love the design.

Sincerely,

Jacob Stey

• BrookeGL33
    BrookeGL33 ✭✭✭

I utilize grid view primarily as I am looking at several sheets across different business units within our organization. I am fairly new to Smartsheet and so I am learning new views and how to use them to my benefit.

• KenP
    KenP ✭✭✭

I am a big user of the grid and card view for projects. Calendar view is also popular with our users

• TomG
    TomG ✭✭✭✭✭

While I use all views at different times(switching between views is a great feature!), I use the Gantt View and Grid View the most. Gantt so I can visualize timelines and dependencies for my projects, but as we use Smartsheet for a lot more that just projects, I am a heavy user of Grid view for those activities.

As we increase use across the organization, I am definitely seeing increased interest in the Card and Timeline views, especially after the latest improvements.

• Alex Argumedo
    Alex Argumedo ✭✭✭✭✭

Code view, I work 100% using the API, so I see JSON data, tables and Dictionaries most of the time. The second one would be grid view.

• Will.Parente
    Will.Parente ✭✭✭✭✭

I live in Gaant View 95% of my time. While others in my organization stick to the Grid view, that's their perogative as technical resources. For a project manager, I need my Critical Path clearly identified!

• Deena Duran
    Deena Duran Overachievers

I am a classic Grid View person myself—I usually want to see all of the information at once. Also, not all of the information that I collect will always lend itself to some of the other views, so Grid View is my go-to default!

Deena Duran, MA (She/Her)

🌟 Smartsheet Overachiever, Mobilizer, and Early Adopter 🌟

🎓️ Core App, Project Management, and System Administrator Certified 🏅

Senior Business Analyst

University of New Mexico Health Sciences

• Shanky Paul
    Shanky Paul ✭✭✭✭✭

I always use Grid view for my projects.

• Jesse G.
    Jesse G. ✭✭✭✭

I'm a grid viewer myself. I love the detailed data kind of view. But in certain cases i need another kind of view. Depending on the case/client i use all of the views.

• I use grid view for the majority of my work. It allows me to look at all of the details as I move through my project plan. I use Gantt view at time to visualize my project plan dates, but prefer grid view.

• Lea722
    Lea722 ✭✭✭✭

I live in grid view to make forms, metric sheets, project plans, and more!

• I like to use Grid View since it most resembles a spreadsheet. I find it the easiest for my team to work with as well! I am very interested in the Timeline View and am curious to see how it can fit with my projects.

• CWibben
    CWibben ✭✭✭

Grid view is my go-to due to the details visible & updates that are needed during conversations. My projects are hardware based and mostly in a chronological order, so grid view provides what I need. With Grid view, I can see the devil in the details as well as a broader picture. That said, I sometimes use Gantt to give a quick visual to some team members and am trying get others to use card view for those who want to only focus on their specific tasks.

• Matt Johnson
    Matt Johnson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Grid View - With all the core features, premium apps, and new AI stuff that I use; I like to stay grounded in my main viewing with the good ol' fashioned Grid View.

Matt Johnson

Sevan Technology

Smartsheet Aligned Partner

• Colleen Patterson
    Colleen Patterson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I am a total 50/50 combo.

Grid view for individual projects (give me all the details and granularity - being able to see the formulas, predecessors and surface everything I need to keep our projects moving as effectively as possible).

When it comes to intake sheets (large pools of data) - this is the new Board View all the way. The board view is card view on steroids. This helps me manage by team, keep everyone on the same page, easily identify areas of concern and address those in advance. I CANNOT wait until board view replaces card view for reports (I am counting down the days). The inclusion of options to change view density and toggling hierarchy display easily syncs the team, and is what we keep open during meetings for easy optics.

Smartsheet Community Champion and Ambassador

If my answer helped you, please be sure to mark it as Accepted to help future learners locate the information.