Community Corner Newsletter [August 2024]

Alison Clancy
Alison Clancy Employee

Hello Community, I’m back behind the wheel of this month’s Community Corner Newsletter and we have so much to talk about! Thank you to my pal @Isaac A. for his great work on the July issue - so happy to have him on the team. 

If we haven’t met yet, my name is Alison. 👋 Not only do I get to hang out on this platform with all of you, but I also manage the Smartsheet Overachievers and Community Champion programs! If you applied to the Overachievers this year, I wanted to say a big THANK YOU (all caps necessary). You have no idea how much we love reading your applications and getting to know your stories. We’ll be announcing the new class soon, so stay tuned.

Let’s crack into the latest and greatest from Community this month. Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom to hear more about a specific adventure I recently had (no, I did not tackle a crazy hike again, I promise). See you down there. ⬇️

Community highlights

Help us welcome some of our newest Member introductions in Show & Tell or look through the Trending section for more ways to connect.

Say hello to these Community Members 👋🏻

1. @dgarnas here
  2. @TerriS here
  3. @ray79th here
  4. @HShewale here
  5. @joe.maloney here

You can find more new members and say hello here.

---

Ideas & feature requests (reviewed by the Product Team)!

What’s it going to be? Head to the Smartsheet Product and Ideas Topic to share and vote on ideas.

---

Community updates

In Case You Missed It (ICYMI)

What View are you?

Share the view you use most often & earn the badge

August Question of the Month

Share your answer by August 31

Smartsheet Forward

New features & enhancements to revolutionize your workflow and enhance productivity

[NEW] Smartsheet Customer Resources

Explore your one-stop resources topic

Brand Collective Podcast

Check the latest episode ft. Overachiever @Angie Badgett

---

Pass the mic 🎤 Community Champions

Community Champions are members who demonstrate product expertise and generosity in sharing best practices and support with others on the platform.

“That’s something I’ve learned from the Community - so very often, there’s more than one solution to the problem we’re trying to solve. It’s so fun to have people to nerd out with as you talk through all the creative and innovative possibilities!”

- @Lauren Dominique, Executive Assistant at Connecticut Children’s (Learn more about Lauren in her Member Spotlight)

---

Member Appreciation

See Activity feed for more

This month's leaderboard

1. @Miles Devstars
  2. @Paul Newcome
  3. @Robin Falcone
  4. @ymckern
  5. @Jack_rox

Member spotlight

@Jake Gustafson Here

---

Overachiever's Motivation Mix

The Smartsheet Overachievers are here to give you the songs that will keep you going and keep you achieving! Here’s what’s on the playlist right now.

The Killers, "All These Things That I've Done"

“This song became my go-to when I used to hit the gym on my lunch break and had to get my pulse up and peaked in a short time. I found that the tempo of this song matched my pace on the orbital perfectly to allow me to reach my limit in about 20 minutes. Now I crank this whenever I have to get a project done, or do housework...or feel like driving fast (under the speed limit, of course).”

- @Steven Sawyer, Senior Program Manager, Project Development at Scosche Industries, Inc. and current Overachiever

---

More about Alison:

I like to leave you with one of my recent accomplishments, and this is a big one that just happened: I moved! And like usual, it was terrible and awesome all at once! 

I stayed in my beautiful city of San Diego but went to a neighborhood that is much more my personality and speed (i.e. I can walk everywhere which is an East Coaster characteristic I will never lose). As someone who has moved quite a bit in her life, I am no expert but I do have some tips that I wanted to share: 

1) Make sure you pack a carryon or small bag of everything you’ll need the first night you’re in your new place, like your toothbrush, medications, toiletries, important documents, etc. You will be in pure chaos no matter what, and this really helps. 

2) I found my moving company on Reddit and they were awesome! Crowdsourcing FTW! I also asked a bunch of my friends to be available for emotional support that day and the day after, and it was so much better having a community (wink) around me through the highs and lows of a big day of change.

3) I only had two weeks to get ready for this move (cue panic!) and instead of trying to do way too much each day, my motto was “inch by inch, step by step.” Small steps forward equal up to a lot of progress! Just stay the course.

What other moving tips do you have? As always, thanks for being a constant source of inspiration and positivity to our entire team!

---

Give us your feedback

Have ideas for the next Community Corner? Leave your thoughts in the comments! 

Note: Unfollow this Topic if you'd no longer like to receive alerts. We'll miss you!

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Comments