Alerts to MS Teams: Was working for years, now asking to add organization

jmhoward
jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/20/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

I have several automations/workflows set to send alerts to MS Teams. The channels are public and the alert settings are unrestricted. They worked just fine for several years.

Suddenly, this week I received emails that the workflows couldn't run. When I checked them, the organization was no longer selected. I tried selecting it, but the only option was the "Add organization." Our Microsoft sys admin checked their settings and they are showing that permission was granted to Smartsheet.

I tried recreating the workflow, but I still cannot select my organization.

Does anyone know why a Teams workflow would suddenly "forget" the organization?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• jmhoward
    jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks, @Isaac A. ! Oddly enough, we had to reauthorize the Smartsheet connection to Teams. Once we did that, not only could we select our organization again for alerts, we now see an automated Smartsheet bot in Teams that shows updates.

Answers

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

Hi @jmhoward!

It sounds like you've already done some troubleshooting on your end. I recommend trying to recreate the workflow to see if the issue persists. If it does, reaching out to Support for further assistance would be the best course of action. Make sure to include as many details as possible, such as screenshots of your workflow, the affected sheet(s), and any error messages you received.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• jmhoward
    jmhoward ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks, @Isaac A. ! Oddly enough, we had to reauthorize the Smartsheet connection to Teams. Once we did that, not only could we select our organization again for alerts, we now see an automated Smartsheet bot in Teams that shows updates.

• Isaac A.
    Isaac A. Employee

@jmhoward I'm glad to hear it's working now!

Cheers,

Isaac.

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024🎉

October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now