Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Lock A Specific View (so users can't switch to another view)

mariahneu
mariahneu ✭✭✭✭

We'd like the ability to restrict a view in a report or in a sheet so that a user can ONLY view a sheet or report in a specific view (like Card View, Grid View, etc.)

Example: Our team discovered Card View is the safest way to allow multiple users to have Edit access to a sheet or report while lowering the chances of them corrupting the data. We don't want users to be able to switch to Grid View.

9 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Ken Armstrong
    Ken Armstrong ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Love love love this idea! Thanks for submitting this!

Ken Armstrong

Smartsheet Project Manager, GE Aerospace

Certified Smartsheet Administrator

Be Firm! Be Fair! Be Friendly! Be Honest!!!

• Ditto! Would love this as a feature/functionality.

• jfifield
    jfifield ✭✭
    edited 08/01/23

This would be an awesome addition to functionality to help my team keep our work portfolio as accurate as possible!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope you're well and safe!

If I'm correct, it's possible in WorkApps.

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Should be able to lock sheets in different views. Sheets seem to always default to grid view but card view is more useful for my purposes. Annoying to have to manually change the view before presenting.

• I also vote for this feature ASAP!

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 10/11/24

If the sheet(s) was created to be a grid view, then it should remain as a grid, not changed to one of the other view choices. When creating a new Sheet or Report, we should have the ability to lock the view layout so that it remains as the creators choice. This is necessary so that when our automation emails with attachments or links go out to executives / managers, they are exactly as I or the creator intended it to be (view style), not how it was last saved by the hundreds who access it to update. 

If this option is only for the reports, then give us the option to choose from different report view styles when creating from scratch (Create a "Grid" View Report, "Gantt" View Report, "Calendar" View Report, "Timeline" View Report, etc... This insures that no one can alter the sheet or reports view in the future. 🤔

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️