Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Locate/Find COUNTIFS

e.g. =COUNTIFS(Recruiter:Recruiter, "Christie", [Deal Date]:[Deal Date], MONTH(@cell) = 10)

e.g. = 50

This is an example of how I identify my "deals" for the month in a sheet which lists every deal my company has made.  The sheet contains thousands of lines. 

Is there a way to search/locate/find or highlight these 50 deals? 

How can I easily view these 50 deals, without having to search the document .. ya know...the hard way? 

Thanks!

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Christie,

A couple different options are available. 

1. Set up filters. Your formula is hard-coded to be 10 (I assume you are looking at the current month). I would add a column to capture that and then filter on that (in addition to your name)

2. Create a column to check if Recruiter="Christie" and MONTH([Deal Date]) = 10 (or = MONTH(TODAY())). Either filter or use Conditional Formatting to highlight them. Or both.

3. Build a Report to show the results.

An advantage of (3) is that it is easier to setup and save a view for printing in a Report (which won't change) than a Sheet (which requires hiding unneeded columns, for example)

I hope this helps.

Craig

• Mike Wilday
    Mike Wilday ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I second Craig's suggestion of using a report. You will have a customizable aggregate of only your tasks/deals. 

Here is an informative article on how to build a report  https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/522214-creating-reports 

This discussion has been closed.