Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to assign a task to multiple people?

Options

Comments

• Charles Davis
    edited 02/01/17
    Options

I agree, this is going on Two years.  I am surprised that this is not added to this already.  You have a Great group requesting it and no one is using it is troubling.

I would like to have this because it will Share the task with an Individual person.  It is being used widely in MS Project.

Thanks!

• Steve Cuming
    Options

What's the status of this?  Is it on the development roadmap?

• Steve Cuming
    edited 02/01/17
    Options

I like Robin's principle of just enough resource scheduling functionality to be useful without being complicated.  As a long-time user of MS Project... I'd like to move away from it to Smartsheet with it's simplicity and collaboration features.  

What I have always wanted in MS Project is separate duration and effort without any attempt at clever scheduling, leveling, etc...  ie the data, without complex logic.

My main use-case would look something like this...

1. Schedule the project using duration

2.Add resources

3.Add effort

4.Check resource allocation %

5.Adjust

Do that, and I'll be using Smartsheet tomorrow.

• Dean M
    Options

Really need this feature to have a complete and comprehensive view of projects.  I was shocked that this was not possible, particularly after it was first requested 2 years ago with support en-masse.

There are other tools that allow this feature, please can Smartsheets think very seriously about implementing it.

• David C
    Options

I think we have hit the page limit on this Thread - I can't navigate past page 17 to see further comments from people that I'm receiving email updates from.  We are about to close our subscription to SmartSheet because this feature is missing - it's just not helpful without it. Sorry.

• Regan Raj
    Regan Raj ✭✭✭
    Options

I can't navigate past page 17 to see further comments from people that I'm receiving email updates from.  We are about to close our subscription to SmartSheet because this feature is missing - it's just not helpful without it. Sorry.

• Neil Lewis
    Options

Guys i too have this basic requirement to allocate a number of resources to a single activity / row - is this in the dev pipeline??

Thanks

Neil

• Anna Tezcanli
    Options

Hello,

I am at the moment facing the same issue as you all take about in your previous conversations, so you know if Smartsheet has taken any action on this constraint?

So far the workaround of creating a new line for the 2.nd resource still works for me but not for longer.

Thanks,

Anna

• Also looking for this fuctionailty. Is anyone from Smartsheet monitoring that can provide us with an update?

• Robert Casper
    Options

+1

This would be a huge help. 

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi All—

We've got a new way to submit feedback directly to our Product team. Check out this community announcement for more information: https://community.smartsheet.com/announcement/new-way-submit-your-feature-requests

• KevinMD13
    Options

I have submitted that I also need this through the form that Shaine posted, but how do we know this is going to happen and when?  It seems this trail has ended?  Is there any update on this I see nothing in the SmartSheet version updates?

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Kevin,

Definitely not a dead end—your vote helps us prioritize projects.

Right now, we're in the "initial scoping" phase of this feature. That means that we're considering all factors of the application that will be or could be affected, deciding on the amount of work that developing could take, what resources we'd have available and at what point in time, working out how it would possibly look in Smartsheet, and figuring out when we can get started.

We know this feature is in high demand, but we have to also weight development with the above factors. Initial scoping is the earliest stage of a feature's life, so this feature may not be out soon and we don't have an ETA.

• Jason Apol
    Options

First comment on this subject posted April 27, 2015 6:46 pm. That was 26 months ago............   surprise

Time to quit talking and start doing. To be clear is to be kind.

Regards,

• marjsyd
    Options

I just posted this in another thread, and it seems to be an old issue that has been discussed, but not fixed.... 

"This really needs to be sorted out.  In construction projects you always have more than one team member allocated a task.  You need to have a task with multiple resources and see % complete for the overall task, and time commitment % for the specific resource to that task.  Different resources may have different time commitments across several tasks, and resource loading needs to be tracked accordingly."

Major limitation for the software.

This discussion has been closed.