Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Moving rows and losing formulae links.

Options
James Swords
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hi there,

I use smartsheet a lot to manage and track report issuing between multiple users. I regulary have problems when moving rows to enable organisation by priority and the cell links within the row change. I have to reapply the formulaes in certain cells which can be time consuming.

has anyone else had this problem or know of a solution? can the formulae linking be displayed or highlighted if differs from surrounding cells?

Frown

Regards

James

Comments

• John Hammond
    Options

Formulas will automatically update if you move rows around, so they they are always referencing the correct cell. For example, if you had this formula:

=Date2 + 5

and added a row at the top of your sheet, the formula would automatically update to:

=Date3 + 5

If you move the row containing the formula around, it will stay up to date to continue to reference the same cell it was referencing before you moved the row.

Are you seeing different behavior?

This discussion has been closed.