Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Is it possible to Auto-Fill dates?

PJ Smith
PJ Smith
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Hello,

I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find anything through the search function...

I have prepared a template for event management.  We use the same structure for every one of these specific events that we do (the event date is announced, and then we work back from the date to establish delivery guidelines).

There is one thing that I am missing:  I want the ability to type in a date (even if it's in another sheet that I link), and then have my dates in the template auto-fill using that information.

Example:

- Event Date is 12-1-2015.  I type that into a sheet that is a record of all of the events. (Event Schedule)

- That cell is then linked to the sheet that has all of the project deliverables/milestones for that event, and works backward from the date entered, showing that "Task A" is due 60 days prior, "Task B" is due 45 days prior, and so on.

Anyone have any idea if this is possible?  I don't seem to be able to link dates to a project management SmartSheet.

I'm hoping that it is possible and I'm just not seeing it.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you!

-PJS

Comments

This discussion has been closed.