Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Add the ability to use array formulas?

Dusty Robinson
Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/29/17 in Archived 2015 Posts

I would like to be able to use an array formula like Excel has so I can recreate my fee estimate sheets in Smartsheet. It does not appear like Smartsheet can do this. Can you please add this capability to Smartsheet?

array formula.jpg

array formula.jpg

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 09/01/15

Hi, we do not support array formulas but I will submit your request to our product team for consideration in future development. Thanks for the suggestion! 

• Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭

Any update on this feature request? I am still looking for a good way to create professional fee estimate sheets in SmartSheet, and this is the only equation I know of that makes that process efficient and flexible. 

If there is another way to create a flexible professional fee estimate sheet I would be interested in learning how. 

• Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭

Hi Travis - Can you provide any update on this request? Array functions would provide much-needed efficiency to how my office uses SmartSheet.

• Dusty Robinson
    Dusty Robinson ✭✭✭✭

Array formulas provide greater flexibility compared to traditional formulas as demonstrated in the attached video.  

Flexibility of array formula.gif

This discussion has been closed.