Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Please add these features!

Lily
Lily
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I now use Smartsheet as a huge part of my day-to-day work, I manage around 30 sheets at any given time (through mine and my boss' accounts). So there are a couple features I would really love to see added (and maybe I'm not the only one).

-- Ability to lock comumns in a report - I need users to be able to see certain information and edit other information in the same place, and it has to be information pulled from another sheet.

--Alerts available in reports - I need to be able to send automated Notifications and Reminders but I do not want those users to be able to see the entire sheet. I have created reports which are just what I need but you have to manually send rows or update requests. The other option is to have the ability to choose columns in sheet alerts the way you can in "send row/update request".

--Added fill color options - the current colors are mostly too bold or too subtle. Maybe add fill patterns like Excel so more options are available.

--Some sort of restore option - if a user accidentally deletes an entire row and then closes out, that data seems to be gone forever. History in individual cells works fine but not if the entire row is deleted.

Hope these features are on the horizon, it would really help us integrate Smartsheet even more into the organization as a whole.

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Lily! Thanks for the suggestions! I will submit these to our Product team for consideration in future development. 

In regards to a restore option: I would recommend you backup your sheets to protect against accidental deletions. Anyone can backup sheets and Team/Enterprise users can schedule automatic weekly backups. 

Here's information on backing up your data in Smartsheet: http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/506499-backing-up-your-data

• Thanks Travis! I do have the weekly backups scheduled, I'm just thinking for things that are contantly changing, it would be nice to have a more recent backup than that. Like the cell history function but for entire rows. Or a way to undo changes even after it's been saved. Thanks for considering!

This discussion has been closed.