Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Web Form

Options
hschardi
hschardi
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi there, I was wondering if there is a particular access level where someone can see and/or edit a web form without having access to the data behind the scenes?  I'm asking because the person isn't computer savvy and gets overwhelmed easily but would like to be able to edit the webform since it will be used by her to fill out church ad sales data.   So she only needs access to the web form itself.  

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I believe that unfortunately, they will need to access the WebForm editor from the sheet. They will need Admin access to the sheet to create or modify it.

See this article to read all about them:

http://help.smartsheet.com/customer/en/portal/articles/522221-using-web-forms

I can't think of a work-around for this.

Craig

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

To clarify,

Does she want to be able to create the webform herself or does she want to edit the data through the webform.

If its the first thing then she needs to be a Admin on the sheet to do that.  Alternativly somebody else could create it for her and then take a screen dump and ask her how she would like to change it and the that somebody effect the changes for her.

If its the second, she can only enter data via a smartsheet webform.  However Google forms can be created that link to smartsheet and then they can can be used to edit the data in the martsheet via the google form.  Note the Sheet needs to be created by the google form.  You cannot link an existing sheet to a google form.

I hope this helps.

James

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

James, are you referring to the Smartsheet Sync integration? This will allow you to add data from a Google Form to a Smartsheet but it cannot be used to edit existing data in a sheet. This may be possible with our API but it isnt inlcuded in the Sync tool we built.

hschardi - If you want the user to edit the web form, they will need Admin access to the sheet.  You could teach the user how to use Smartsheet and show them how to edit web forms. We also have weekly free online webinars that cover basic and advanced functionality: https://www.smartsheet.com/webinars

This discussion has been closed.