Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Possible to create Gantt Chart in duration of "hours" for single-day projects?

Options
Ryan L
Ryan L
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

Hi,

I created a project smartsheet with gantt dependencies in duration of "hours" for an important project that lasts one day.

I was wondering if there is a way to create a gantt chart that only displays one day but shows durations of "hours" on the x-axis instead? (The current gantt chart I see only displays 30 days minimum.)

Thanks,
-Ryan L

Comments

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ryan,

Not that I know of. Sounds like a nice feature - though it brings back memories from my stint in the Navy. That would be nice for event planning -- one schedule for the weeks and months of pre-event tasks and another for that last day or two of frenetic activity.

Craig

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ryan,

Further to Craigs comment, on the Machine level Smartsheet (PC/Laptop) the answer is no.  I believe that it is possible on some Tablets but will check it iut and let yu know unless Travis can broarden the answer.

James

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    Options

That is correct, James. The desktop app does not support a zoom less than a day but you can view hours in the Gantt chart through the iOS and Android app.

We hope to add this functionality to the app in the future and I will add your vote for it. 

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Travis,

I'm on an Android tablet. Is just the pinch-and-zoom feature to show the hours or is there a way to have it set to hours? When I zoom in, I can only see a dozen or so rows.

Craig

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 01/15/16
    Options

Craig - yes you pinch to zoom on the Gantt chart. Note: pinching horizontally will zoom in for the timeline while pinching vertically will zoom in for the rows. Here's an example from my Android phone: 

Edited to fix my pinching error - thanks Craig!

Screenshot_20160114-134635.png

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Travis, 

Thanks.

Obviously I hadn't done that very often on my tablet, but will now!

Neat!

Craig

(you said "vertically" twice but I got what you meant)

• Chee Yuen Chan
    Options

We really need this feature, as our scheduling needs are based on hours.  I definitely would upvote for this feature to be included in the next update!

• R.B.
    Options

I second this request. I am able to use Smartsheet for projects that last weeks to years, but when I want to plan lets say, a one night cut-over, where task durations are in minutes/nours, and the entire plan spans less than one day, I am not able to use the Gantt view.

In this case, the Gantt view looks like a single vertical line, since it doesn't allow for zooming the timeline to one day timeframe.

• Dru
    Options

I agree 100% on the Gantt zoom levels. We need to zoom in to see hours AND to even see the days closer. THIS IS IMPORTANT and A DEAL BREAKER IF NOT FIXED!

This discussion has been closed.