Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Send alerts to two people using the same column?

Irene Plant
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I have set up a smartsheet where by the 'assigned to' is alerted by email when a task is due. However sometimes the 'assigned to' needs to be more than one person therfore i have to amend my columns to be 'assigned to 1' and 'assigned to 2' to ensure both people get an email alert when the taks assigned to them is due. Does anyone know of a way to merge these two columns so that if it is assigned to two people I can put both names in the column and both parties get an alert?

Thanks in advance,

Irene

Comments

• JamesR
    JamesR ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No there is no way to merge the two, but you can set the alerts to both seperatly.  as long as the columns are both contact list colunms then set up two alerts one for each.

• Irene, can you please explain how you have set up the email alert. Is it automatically triggered and sent when you select a contact in the assigned-to column? I thought this was not possible without the 3rd-party API solution. Thanks in advance 

Stuart 

• Thanks James, I thought not so I have two 'assigned to' columns now, maybe this will be something smartsheet will add in the future?

Stuart, I have a column called 'asssigned to' where the column property is set to 'contact list' as long as the person you want to send alerts/notifications to is shared in the sheet you can type in their name/email address. I also have a 'deadline' column where the column property is a date. Under alerts at the bottom of the sheet you can then set a notification such as:

send 'assigned to' an email reminder '3 days before' 'deadline' for this sheet.

The parts in bold are the bits you set yourself.

Hope this helps.

Irene

This discussion has been closed.