Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Calendar view from multiple sheets

Options

HI

I am new to Smartsheet and I basically want to use Smartsheet to create a schedule for my business and life to be seen in a calendar and Gantt view. Before creating my sheet/s I am in a dilemma if to create a different sheet for about the seven different projects constituting my business, or to create one sheet. The most important goal for me is to be able to print one calendar which will include all different tasks of all seven projects. So basically my question is: can I create seven sheets, each with its array of tasks and eventually print one calendar view which will include all tasks from all projects? Or should I create one sheet with levels to get this result?

If it is not possible to create one calendar view from multiple sheets ( my subscription does not allow reporting), and I have to fit it all in one sheet, is there a template you think would be the most helpful for this sheet?

Thanks in advance

Meir

Comments

• Heidi Decker
    Heidi Decker ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mier,

Reporting would be the only way to get multiple sheets into one calendar. Since reporting is not part of your subscription, you are pretty much going to have to put it all on one sheet. Sorry there is not a better answer.

Peace, Heidi

• Kennedy Stomps
    Options

Hey Mier! We completely understand that not everybody has a plan type that includes reporting, which is why my colleague Kelly wrote this blog post on creating a Master Calendar using Cell Linking in just 7 steps: https://www.smartsheet.com/blog/calendar-dashboard-7-steps. Check it out and let me know if you have any questions on it :)

• Hi Heidi and Kennedy

Thanks for your answers

As I get my information together on my sheet during the following week, I will check your advice. I promise to update on what has worked best and how :)

Thanks again

Meir

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Meir, 

If you have a gmail account you can create multiple Smartsheets and then publish them to the gmail calender.  All you have to do is change your sheet to calendar view (it's the icon fifth from the top on the far left with the 31 on it).  Then click on the blue box icon with the 31 on it (2nd from the bottom on the left) then you click turn on and follow the prompts.  Or if you have outlook you can click on the very bottom calendar icon and publish to ICAL.  You can publish multiple calendars either way.  

Hope this helps.

• Meir Turniansky
    edited 09/08/16
    Options

Hi Stephanie

Thanks! this is a tremendous help! as it allows me more options of printing a calendar which is also a schedule and a list of ongoing projects. It works really well! and google calendar has options that Smartsheet does not have, such as printing a range of only one week (could this be something to request from Smartsheet?).

Thanks Again

Meir

• Dana L
    Dana L ✭✭
    Options

Hi there, Do you have a way of publishing two or more sheets into one Google calendar?  It sounds like you do, but I cannot figure it out.  I tried to publish it using the same calendar name, but it just created a new calendar with the same name.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Stephanie Taylor
    Stephanie Taylor ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Dana, 

You can publish many smartsheets to one google calendar.  The sheets are going to the calendar that is tried to your gmail account.  All you have to do is change your sheet to calendar view and click on the blue icon seventh from the top on the far left with the 31 on it.  Then you will pick your gmail account that has the calendar that you want the smartsheets to populate to.

Once that is done you will see your smartsheet calendars listed (by sheet name) on your Google calendar on the left side under "My Calendars"

I hope that helps.

If you want you can email my privately and we can do a Google Hangout and I can physically show you.

Stephanie

sltaylor@harfordcountymd.gov 

This discussion has been closed.