Automated Weekly Request to Complete Form?

Melanie Kourbage
Melanie Kourbage ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Is it possible to set up an automated, weekly request for individuals to complete a Smartsheet form? Individuals would be adding new rows each week, not updating existing rows. Therefore, I can't tie the workflow to a specific condition. The only workaround I've thought of would be to create a separate sheet with a date column populated with every date on which I need an update request distributed. Less cumbersome ideas welcome!

Thanks

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Melanie,

Would it work to use an automated alert or update request set to send weekly with a link to the form?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

work-bold

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• I dont see where this was answered.

Something similar im trying to do is remind someone to fill out a form or sheet every week or every month.

I want to send this reminder regardless if a column or row was ever added or changed.

• Hi,

I would set up an automation for a recurring alert. Then using a customized message you could include the link to the form.

It could look something like this:

Hope this helps.