Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Feature Request: Reminders with a custom days before/after or more day options

Options
Colleen
Colleen
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2016 Posts

I am interested in setting up a reminder for rows where the 'Target Date' column is 30 days away. I'm only able to set reminders 14 days before a date, but it would be really helpful to send reminders at least a month out for more long-term projects.

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Colleen—you're right, 14 days is the current limit on Reminders. I've passed your feedback along to our Product team for a larger range (30 days).

With that being said, there is a workaround you might try:

1. Create a new date column in your sheet and title it "Reminder Date" or something to the like.

2. Place a formula in that new column that subtracts 30 days from your original date column: =[Due Date]1 - 30

You should see a date returned that is 30 days before your original date column.

3. Create a Reminder based on your new date column. 

Voila! 

You can even hide the Reminder Date column by right-clicking the column header and selecting Hide Column.

• Colleen
    Options

Oh, that's a great idea. Thanks!

• Christine Mick
    edited 01/23/17
    Options

+1 for adding custom option

This discussion has been closed.