Send an automated response to the sheet owner email address the moment I receive an alert ....

I share as a viewer for a smartsheet model for which I receive alerts when the model changes. Is it possible to send an automated response to the sheet owner email address the moment I receive an alert that has certain characteristics?

The backstory is that my condo association posts available units and the owner that responds via email first after the alert goes out gets the rental unit for the week posted. I responded in 3 minutes after receiving the alert from smartsheet but two other owners beat me to it. Looking to automate my response when the alert goes out for a week that I would like to reserve so that my response time is < 10 seconds.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Fred,

There isn't a way to do this through Smartsheet; you might be able to set up an automatic response from your inbox depending on what email provider you're using. Smartsheet alerts have a "From" address of automation@smartsheet.com.

For example, here's a thread from Gmail's Community on how to set up an auto-reply based on a specific email if you have a gmail account (click here).