Restricting Sharing Link Access for Calendar App?
With the Calendar App, based on the messaging below, you should be able to restrict access to a particular domain via a Sharing link. Does anyone know what the proper syntax is for entry into the criteria to restrict sharing link access to only domains that you specify via the control box below?
Thank you in advance.
Additional information...the recommended syntax is to include the domains, with the "@".
However, even with proper syntax, the following use case is an issue...waiting to hear back from Support on next steps:
- User has Shared Link either bookmarked or copied into a Word document
- They click on the link
- Choose to log in using an email address that is from a domain not included in the Allowed Domains for that shared link
- User goes to their email inbox and clicks on the link from Smartsheet
- User's browser opens in Smartsheet Calendar showing that the linked calendar is not available
- If the user leaves that browser window open and clicks on the link again, they will be brought to the secured calendar, even though the email address that they used is part of domain that does not appear in the Allowed Domains list.
This use case was recorded by Smartsheet support via a Zoom screenshare and I am waiting to hear back from their team on next steps.
Based on your description I would have suggested contacting Support so I'm glad that you were able capture a recording with them! Please let us know what you find out or when this is resolved.
Any update on this topic ?
It seems that sharing to "Domain" is still not working.
The bug that was reported in November 2020 has since been fixed; if you're seeing issues with sharing to a Domain please contact Smartsheet Support with a video recording of what you're trying to accomplish and any error messages that appear.