Form row count alert

I created a form for people to sign up for a class. I have 8 sessions available for the same class but with different dates and times. The maximum amount of attendees we can have per session is 150, so the sheet will end up having 1200 rows if all the sessions get full. I want to try and get an alert for when each different session hits 145 attendees, this way I can keep my eye on it for when it hits 150 and then remove that session so it’s no longer available. I've tried using COUNTIF and setting up an alert but have not been successful.

Nancy P.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nancy P. ,

You're on the right track. Try creating a separate metrics sheet. Use that sheet to track how many are signed up for each session. You'll need to use cross sheet references and COUNTIF functions. Set up an alert on the metric sheet to notify you when a value is =>145. I can help with that if you need assistance.

Do the radio buttons on your form feed a dropdown list?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Hi Mark,

thank you for the quick response. I created a Sheet Summary Report for the training sheet but when I go to choose what columns I want to use, the columns in the sheet do not populate. I have 3 columns called Name, Email and Training Schedule.

Nancy P.

• Hi @Nancy P.

There are two different type of Reports: Row Report (looking at your columns and rows), and Sheet Summary Report.

Sheet Summary Reports look at this panel in your sheet, here:

This Help Center article has more information on Sheet Summaries.

Try creating a Row Report instead, and you should see your columns listed!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Debbie Sawyer
    Debbie Sawyer ✭✭✭✭✭✭

HI Nancy

I have recently run a Tips and Tricks webinar where I have demonstrated an Office Sign up solution. I realise you are asking about a Course Bookings solution but the principal is the same. I created my Office Sign up design from a Training Bookings design I used a few years ago.

If you would like a link to the recording, then please do contact me and I'll send you the Recording link. There maybe some tips in there that you could utilise here. (my email address is in my profile settings)

If you'd prefer to attend a live webinar and ask questions during the demo, I am repeating this webinar in early Feb. To register on the webinar - see this webpage;

The solution I use is simple but very effective and would give you a solution to this scenario.

Kind regards

Debbie